Saturday, July 5, 2014

Top 5 Best Book Covers

Top 5 Best Book Covers


You may remember three Top 5 Best Book Covers from last year started by Billy's former co-blogger, Camelle. Billy thought it would be a fun idea to bring back the Top 5 Best Covers as a monthly meme. The meme will begin on the first Saturday of every month.

The meme's rules are simple:
  • Grab the Top 5 Best Book Covers button!
  • Post your 5 favorite books covers that are being released in the current month!
  • You can use a blurb or book synopsis in your post.
  • Put your blog URL in the Linky. 
  • Visit other blogs and comment on their 5 picks. 
I am going to give it a go, but all my covers aren't July Releases.  :)  Aren't they all GORGEOUS covers?

 **********

Freud's Mistress was pretty good.  An excerpt from my review is below - The cover is so provocative just like the book.

"Sigmund Freud ​betrayed ​​his wife, ​and Minna betrayed her sister.  The affair started out with ​early evening and some ​late night meetings that included flirting and drugs.  Did his wife know about the affair or was she too addicted to opium to even notice?
You will definitely dislike Sigmund Freud as a person and question his thinking about why people develop psychological disorders. He was arrogant, a smooth operator, apparently quite good looking,​ and he used his field of study to his advantage."

 
Full Review in the book's title.



 **********
Sweet Water is excellent.  I am almost done with the book.  My thoughts are that it is a great read as always by Ms. Kline.  An excerpt from my partially done review is below.

The cover shows the laid back life Cassie lives in Sweet Water.

"Was Cassie making the right move?  She thought so, but meeting family members she hadn't seen since she was three was frightening.  She had to find out her roots and to find out why her mother really didn't want to live in Sweetwater, Tennessee, and why her grandfather left her the family home and 60 acres."

 
 **********
Ember Island is explained in my review below.  Full review is in the book's title.

I love the red dress on the cover.

EMBER ISLAND was absorbing, the writing was ​beautiful, the characters ​were well developed as well as deep​, the characters were very authentic, and the storyline ​kept me turning the pages...especially the ending.  :)

EMBER ISLAND is made up of secrets, guilt, ​hidden journals, love, and finding oneself.


 

 **********
 The Forgotten Seamstress is one of my favorite books and has MY FAVORITE COVER.  I love the colors and the spools of thread.

Find out about it in part of my review.  Full Review is in the book's title.

"If you enjoy reading family history and the history of family heirlooms created by a past generation and found by the present generation, you will definitely enjoy THE FORGOTTEN SEAMSTRESS.

The writing is flawless, the characters are lovable and unforgettable, the storyline will definitely hold your interest until the last page.  And...the last few pages will have you glued to each word.​"



**********
Hunted was an excellent thriller.  My review will tell you all about it.  Check out the excerpt and the full review in the book's title.

I just love how the title is "straight up."   This seems to fit with the theme of what happens in the book.  Read the book to see what I am referring to.  :)


"HUNTED will keep you turning the pages as the "hunted" and the "hunter" keep eluding each other. HUNTED is an excellent thriller and a great debut novel for Ms. Heiter.
HUNTED kept me awake reading to find out what happened and also kept me awake with every light on because of the fright factor."




7 comments:

  1. I hope you agree these covers are gorgeous.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, these are great covers. I like them all. They all seem to evoke what the story is about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do, Laura. I agree.

    Some books don't match with the inside, but these all do.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting book covers you picked. I like the cover to Freud's Mistress and Forgotten Seamstress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great covers! I loved The Forgotten Seamstress as well. It was a book that lived up to my expectations completely which doesn't often happen! Sweetwater and Ember Island are on my TBR lists.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to hear you loved The Forgotten Seamstress. I agree...it was a terrific read.

    I know you will love Sweet Water and Ember Island too.

    THANKS for stopping, Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping, Billy.

    I had a few more, but will use them next time.

    ReplyDelete