Friday, August 1, 2014

Book Beginnings - 8/1/14


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

 *****************
This week's book beginnings is taken from DON'T TRY TO FIND ME by Holly Brown.



"Don't try to find me.
I'll be okay.  I'll be better.
I love you.

THERE IT IS, ON the whiteboard affixed to the stainless steel fridge, the board where she usually tells me that we're out of milk.  Today, though, it's her good-bye note."

*****************
Books finished and too good to not share.
I finished THE WISHING TIDE this evening. Review will be up on August 28.




It is a beautiful read.  There are chapter headings introducing each character.  

The story is taking place at a bed and breakfast during a severe storm with a mysterious guest.  

It is a marvelous read.  Great characters and a wonderful storyline.

 *****************
What are you reading that you can't keep to yourself?  :)

*****************



16 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Don't Try To Find Me....hope you do, too.

    Here's mine: “WE ARE NOT OURSELVES”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I like it too. I do like a good mystery.

    Will be looking for your review of We Are Not Ourselves.

    THANKS for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm adding this one to my TBR list right now. The opening grabbed me.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: A COLLIE RESCUE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? You can't stop there :P I need to pick up a copy of this book myself :D

    My BB & 56

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beginning! I definitely want to know more. Can't wait to see what you think about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

    It looks pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The opening is quite good.

    Thanks for stopping, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, Fiza.

    It does sound good.

    THANKS for stopping,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

    I will have it done in a week or so. Depends on how crazy my week is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is quite a beginning. Sound like one for my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have only read a few pages so far.

    I am cleaning and playing on my computer. :)

    THANKS for stopping, JC Jones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's one of those opening line that just catches you and reels you in. Thanks for stopping by our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now THAT's a beginning that will just make you ask questions ... and keep reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't Try to Find Me is a book I'd love to read. Sounds very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great opening to Don't Try to Find Me. The Wishing Tide sounds great. I don't know why, but I love books set at B&B's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    That opening is super entrancing! I'm curious about where the story goes after an opening like that! Happy reading =D

    ReplyDelete