Sunday, August 10, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 8/11/14


   a
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week. 

********************** 

Books Completed Last Week:

DON'T TRY TO FIND ME by Holly Brown

It was good and also scary what can happen with children and the Internet.


Review link is in the book's title.


**********************

Book Currently Reading: 

THE HOUSE WE GREW UP IN by Lisa Jewell


I am almost done with this book.  It is really good.  Eccentric characters but something about families some of us can relate to.

Books Up Next:


THE STORY HOUR by Thrity Umrigar



THE STORY OF LAND AND SEA by Katy Simpson Smith


TAHOE GHOST by Todd Borg


VILLAGE OF SECRETS by Caroline Moorehead.



THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR by Joel Dicker


THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor




WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman



THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 

     

How was your reading week?  









30 comments:

  1. I had a good reading week.

    How about you?

    Any books you LOVED?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get to The Story Hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Story Hour is up next for me.

    Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't Try to Find Me certainly sounds interesting. The internet can be very helpful to those who want to prey on children! Yet so wonderful a tool as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a good week! Hope you enjoy this week's reads too!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathryn....so true.

    It is a wonderful "invention" but also a tool for bad folks.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Jessica, and thanks for stopping.

    I hope you have a good reading week too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great lineup Elizabeth. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh those books <3 I had to stop reading the titles eventually because I kept finding myself clicking to Amazon to add the books to my wishlist XD There are a number of awesome books on your list! Enjoy them!


    Kathrin @ Stacked'n'Painted (My Monday post ist here )

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a great line-up for future reading .. . I'd like to read quite a few of those as well! I'll be interested to hear what you think of The House We Grew Up In . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice looking group of books. I really should read more adult books that aren't genre books but I like staying in my rut. Come see my week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome list of books! I'm loving your header pic, now I want to see Scotland :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Don't Try to Find Me...and now I'm eager to get The House We Grew Up In.

    Enjoy your week...and here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES POST


    ReplyDelete
  14. Great assortment of books, Elizabeth! I am finally going to read The Signature of All Things for a book club meeting next month.

    My Sunday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/08/weekly-book-recap-77.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am really looking forward to all my books, Pat.

    Thanks so much for stopping by.

    ENJOY your week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kathrin Pi - you made me laugh with your comment.

    When I see books with great covers and all in one place, it is difficult to not want them all. :)

    THANKS for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Leila....I LOVED The House We Grew Up In.

    The beginning pages had me confused, but the book was marvelous.

    THANKS for stopping, Leila.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL, Kathy, on staying in your rut.

    You may get out some day when you are ready. :)

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Wendy...Scotland is a beautiful place.

    I hope you do get to visit one day.

    I hope you get to read of the books in my list too.

    THANKS so much for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Laurel...I know you will love The House We Grew Up In.

    It was a wonderful read.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I still haven't gotten to The Signature of All Things.

    I have had it on my shelf since the BEA of 2013. :) I even have it signed by the author.

    I do need to get it read.

    I hope your book club enjoys it.

    Thanks for stopping, Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been seeing The House We Grew Up In all over the place. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both of these books, Don't Try to Find Me and The House We Grew Up In look like titles I would definitely enjoy. Thanks for reviewing them and have a great week, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really enjoyed The House We Grew Up In, Laura.

    You will like it if you read it.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you get to read both of these books, Rita.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the cover of The House We Grew Up In. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks, Vasilly.

    It is a great cover and a great read.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Review of The House We Grew Up In has posted today.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lots of intriguing books you've got on your plate! Looking forward to reading what you thought of each of them. :)

    Here's my What are you reading? Post!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for stopping, Wendy.

    I do like the books I have on the list. A lot of the reviews are set for September.

    ReplyDelete