Monday, August 18, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 8/18/14


   a
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week. 

********************** 

Books Completed Last Week:

THE STORY HOUR by Thrity Umrigar

Another marvelous read by Ms. Umrigar.  My review will be up on September 12 for a TLC tour.


**********************

Book Currently Reading: 

THE WINTER GUEST by Pam Jenoff


Books Up Next:

THE STORY OF LAND AND SEA by Katy Simpson Smith

This book is for a TLC tour for September 26.


NEVERHOME by Laird Hunt


FLIGHT OF THE SPARROW by Amy Belding Brown


THREE STORY HOUSE by Courtney Miller Santo


GARDEN OF LETTERS by Alyson Richman

AN UNSEEMINGLY WIFE by E. B. Moore

TAHOE GHOST by Todd Borg


THE BEEKEEPER'S BALL by Susan Wiggs


HIGH SEAS DARKNESS by



VILLAGE OF SECRETS by Caroline Moorehead.



THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR by Joel Dicker


THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor


WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman



THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 

     

How was your reading week?  









23 comments:

  1. Your to-be-read list is huge! They all look delicious though. I love deciding what to read next, although it's hard to make the choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great week you had! Hope you enjoyed them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy the Pam Jenoff - lovely cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many gorgeous books, so very little time! A few of these are in my tbr piles too.

    Today I'm starting the audiobook of Brutal Youth for book club, starting The Young Elites for a tour, and hoping to get some time alone to read Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5). Sadly, it's a Monday, which means I'm probably already late for work. ;) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my to-read list. :)

    I have them in the order I want to read them, and it ALWAYS changes. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Pam Jenoff's books.

    I have only read a few pages, but am enjoying it already.

    Thanks for stopping, samstillreading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, Kate.

    So many amazing books and short of time.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many lovely books! Three Story House caught my eye...I think I read something else by this author. Going to check it out!

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The author wrote The Roots of The Olive Tree. Loved that book. That's why I wanted to read this new book.

    Thanks for stopping, Laurel.


    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some gorgeous books on your TBR! Hope you have a wonderful reading week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i can see I'm not the only one with a crazy short term TBR... I enjoyed a lot The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair, and madame Picasso is superb

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great bunch of books you have on your TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, readingdate.

    I do love the covers and the books.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the info about those two books.

    Madame Picasso came unsolicited so good to hear it is good.

    I got Quebert at the BEA.

    I hope I get to them soon, but it looks like not too soon. :)

    Thanks for stopping, wordsandpeace.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Melissa.

    I am excited.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your list just about makes me drool lol. I keep saying I'm going to read one of the Thrity Umrigar books I have on my shelf and for some reason I still haven't. Flight of the Sparrow looks really good too. Have a wonderful week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do not know how you select what to read next as they all look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. All these titles are new to me except for Perfect, which I liked but not as much as I'd expected to. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the comment about Perfect, Irene.

    Thanks so much for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is difficult to choose, Mystica.

    I usually go by the date for a tour or publication date.

    My list keeps growing and changing. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping, Teddyree.

    I know, I love my list of books, and I love the covers too.

    I am a cover nut. Sometimes the cover pulls me in and usually the book is good.

    Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Get More News about Politicians of Pakistan, visit our this page for more details, President Pasban Pakistan Altaf Shakoor Official
    AltafShakoorOfficial

    ReplyDelete