Monday, August 4, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 8/4/14


   a
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week. 

********************** 

Books Completed Last Week:


THE WISHING TIDE by Barbara Davis.
It was very good...it has a bed and breakfast with unique characters.

I loved it.  It was a homey read.

Review will be up on August 26.



**********************

Book Currently Reading: 


DON'T TRY TO FIND ME by Holly  Brown

It is pretty good.



Books Up Next:



THE HOUSE WE GREW UP IN by Lisa Jewell


THE STORY HOUR by Thrity Umrigar



THE STORY OF LAND AND SEA by Katy Simpson Smith


TAHOE GHOST by Todd Borg


VILLAGE OF SECRETS by Caroline Moorehead.



THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR by Joel Dicker


THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor




WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman



THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 

     

How was your reading week?  

I added some good books to my queue again this week.

Which books do you have your eye on?

Don't you just love all the covers?








16 comments:

  1. The Girl at the Kingfisher Club looks really good! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! As usual these are all new to me but I hope you enjoyed them all! And have a great reading week!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the looks of The Girls at the Kingfisher Club too.

    THANKS for stopping, samstillreading.

    Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have a lot of great books going! Several caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thwe Wishing Tide and Don't Try to Find Me are both are on my wishlist and I hope to get to them soon since you obviously enjoyed/are enjoying them. Thanks for the tip! Enjoy your week, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of great looking books! I have bookmarked The House We Grew Up In.

    Enjoy! And here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read your review of The Wishing Tide. I really want to read The Story of Land and Sea. Enjoy your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Wishing Tide and Don't Try to find me are both on my wishlist. You've got some great books coming up as well. The Vichy France book looks especially interesting. I read a book about WW2 France (Blood and Wine maybe?) and it was fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved THE WISHING TIDE, Laura.

    I think you would like it a lot.

    I am looking forward the The Story of Land and Sea.

    THANKS for stopping, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WWII books always get my interest.

    The Wishing Tide and Don't Try to Find Me both were good. The Wishing Tide would be my favorite of the two.

    Don't Try to Find Me was scary. The Wishing Tide was a comfort read.

    THANKS for stopping, Katherine P.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started The House We Grew Up in today. I have only read a few pages, but the prose is beautiful.

    THANKS for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I finished both of them and enjoyed them both.

    One was comforting and one was scary.

    I think you will like them both, Rita.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  13. THANKS for stopping, Sheila.

    I am excited about my long queue. I agree, they all look so good.

    I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't Try to Find Me looks very good. Hope you will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I finished Don't Try to Find Me.

    Review is up, Ciska, if you want to take a look. :)

    THANKS for stopping, Ciska.

    ReplyDelete