Monday, August 11, 2014

Mailbox Monday - 8/11/14


 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 **********************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 

 ****************
I hope you had a good mailbox.  

It was catchup time this week.  :)
 **************** 
On Monday, August 4, I received:

1.  THE WISHING TIDE by Barbara Davis, courtesy of Danielle Dill of Penguin Group.


I actually received the bound galley of this book from Danielle a few weeks ago and have already read THE WISHING TIDE.  

The actual book is much lighter and smaller and definitely easier to manage than the galley.  :)  That bound galley was HEAVY.

The book was wonderful.  My review will be up on August 28.


2.  HIGH SEAS DARKNESS: A Brick Morgan Novel, by Burr B. Anderson, courtesy of the author.


It looks like a good read.  I also like the cover.  You know me and covers.  :)

**********

What books do you see here that you would want to read?  

How about your mailbox?   

Which title was in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?

**********

 

29 comments:

  1. I hope your mailbox was overflowing with great reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the second person to say The Wishing Tide is great. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both new to me. The Wishing Tide has a gorgeous cover.

    2 Kids and Tired Books MM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your review of The Wishing Tide. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Wishing Tide is one I look forward to reading. I'll watch for your review. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Wishing Tide was wonderful, Kathy.

    I hope you get to read it.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was pretty good, and it was a great week to catch up.

    THANKS for stopping by, Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love covers.

    The Wishing Tide is beautiful inside and out.

    I hope you get to read it, Holly.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please stop by on August 28, Laura.

    I hope you can read The Wishing Tide. I think you will enjoy it.

    Thanks for stopping,

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will enjoy The Wishing Tide, Mary.

    It was comforting.

    Thanks for stopping, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping, Tribute Books Mama.

    I am going to have a catchup week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know what you mean about the covers, and these are two nice ones. I shouldn't let covers sway me, but the reality is, they do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Covers are my downfall. :)

    I usually choose winning books, though, by covers so it all works out, right?

    Thanks for stopping, Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Wishing Tide looks good. Can't wait to read your thoughts. I haven't had time to read The Paris Architect yet; maybe on one of my upcoming vacation days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok on The Paris Architect. I know you will love it.

    The Wishing Tide was soooo good.

    Thanks for stopping, Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Elizabeth,

    I do try not to be too swayed by the look of a book, although for 'Wishing Tide' I will have to make a exception. That is one alluring cover, for what unanimously seems to be, a winning read. I shall definitely be looking out for your review.

    I am not quite so sure about 'High Seas Darkness', I don't actually think this is one for me. I usually try to steer clear of terrorist related stories, I have no urge to cruise and an investigator with a name like 'Brick Morgan', is a definite turn-off!! I would like to think that you will read this one and prove me wrong, so I shall be interested to hear what you think.

    Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope that all is well with you.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can be drawn by covers too. Both of these books have nice covers with distinct looks. :-) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The book was very good, Yvonne.

    I think you will like it.

    The cover pulled me in. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping, Martha.

    I love covers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wordsandpeace....I loved The Wishing Tide.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Wishing Tide sounds good. Enjoy your reading week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping, Kay.

    I really enjoyed The Wishing Tide.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Online Business as low as $1, Join Now and Get Best Business from Home without any work
    AllTimeProfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Funny and Lol Pictures only on this online network in the world, online gags
    LolsGag.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Get Free Online Jobs from home, best ad clicking work, join now
    JobzCorner.com/FreeEarning

    ReplyDelete
  26. Viewing the ads, playing games, upgrade plans, more earnings, referral earnings, bonus points and more, join now
    Paidverts.com

    ReplyDelete