Monday, August 25, 2014

Mailbox Monday - 8/25/2014


 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 **********************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 

 ****************
I hope you had a good mailbox.  

My mailbox was lean again, but that is fine with me.

There is a giveaway for WE ARE NOT OURSELVES here until August 28.
 ****************

On Tuesday, July 19, I received:

1.  SOMEONE ELSE'S SKIN by Sarah Hilary courtesy of Christopher Smith of Penguin Books.



On Saturday, August 23, I received:

1. Three Story House by Courtney Miller Santo, courtesy of Harper Collins.


I  am really looking forward to reading this book.  I loved her other book, The Roots of The Olive Tree.


**********
 How about your mailbox?   

Which title was in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?

**********

 

27 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to reading Three Story House.

    I loved Ms. Santo's book, Roots of the Olive Tree.

    Thanks for stopping by everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like two interesting books. I hope you enjoy both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Pat.

    I like light weeks.

    I hope your Mailbox was full. Will stop by to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you love both books, Elizabeth. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Mary.

    I have Three Story House in my upcoming queue.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't resist - I had to add Someone Else's Skin to my wishlist! Here's my MM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Three Story House and looking forward to sharing comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will have to look into The Three Story House. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. That will be great to have another blogger to discuss the book with.

    Thanks for stopping, Harvee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping, wordsandpeace.

    It looks like a really good book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does look quite good, doesn't it, Sarah?

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also want Three Story House...and enjoyed the author's previous book.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw a review for THREE STORY HOUSE.

    The reviewer said it was excellent.

    Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three Story House looks enticing! Happy reading & have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three Story House looks good. Happy reading this week

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping, Serena.

    I can't wait to start Three Story House.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping, readingdate.

    If Three Story House turns out to be as good as Ms. Santo's other book, I am excited.

    I hear it is good.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Elizabeth,

    Everyone seems to be focussing on 'Three Story House' this week and Goodreads compares it to 'The Secret Life Of Bees', which I read and thoroughly enjoyed.

    The one being added to my own list though is 'Someone Else's Skin'. I like the intriguing synopsis and love the name of the main protagonist, Marnie Rome. Add to that, the author Sarah Hilary, lives just up the road from me, in Bath and this book has to be a must. I really like to support local authors if at all possible.

    Thanks for sharing two such excellent finds and I hope that you enjoy them both.

    I hope that all is going okay for yourself and your family and have a good week,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooooo...I knew Three Story House would be good, but didn't know it was compared to The Secret Life of Bees. I loved that book.

    You should read the author's book, The Roots of the Olive Tree if you haven't.

    Great on the author being local to you.

    ENJOY your reading week, Yvonne.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These books are new to me but they look good! Light weeks are always nice. I hope my next week is a light one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like light weeks too, Denise.

    I love getting books, but it is nice to "try" to catch up.

    Did you have a lot of books this week? I hope your mailbox is whatever you want it to be. ENJOY!!

    Thanks for stopping, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sometimes you need a few lean weeks to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Definitely, Heidi.

    Lean weeks are very good.

    Thanks for stopping,

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have a great reading week! Your books are new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for stopping, Vicki.

    I hope you have a good reading week too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Light mailbox weeks can be great too! Hope you have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for stopping, Kay.

    I like light weeks, and they seem to be the norm lately. :)

    ReplyDelete