Monday, August 4, 2014

Mailbox Monday - 8/4/14

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 **********************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 

 ****************
I hope you had a good mailbox.  

I had some good books again this week.
 **************** 

On Monday, July 28, I received:

1.  THE WINTER GUEST by Pam Jenoff, courtesy of Emer Flounders of Harlequin/MIRA.

I love Pam Jenoff's books.  

I actually got to meet her at the BEA.  Lovely, lovely lady.



On Friday, August 1, I received:

1.  FLIGHT OF THE SPARROW by  Amy Belding Brown, courtesy of Kayleigh Clark of Penguin Random House.


This is for a review on September 30.

I love the cover.


On Saturday, August 2, I received:

1. NEVER HOME by Laird Hunt, courtesy of a Shelf Awareness Giveaway and Little Brown and Company.


It looks very good.

**********

What books do you see here that you would want to read?  

How about your mailbox?   

Which title was in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?

**********

25 comments:

  1. My favorite from this week is The Winter Guest.

    Have a great reading week everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neverhome got great buzz at BEA. I hope you love all 3 of these books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear about Neverhome getting some BUZZ at the BEA.

    I didn't hear anything...thanks for the information and for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look good but The Winter Guest appeals to me the most. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS, Mary.

    I love her books.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both The Winter Guest and Flight of the Sparrow look intriguing. I got Neverhome through Netgalley, but haven't had time yet to read it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Carol.

    I hope you enjoy your week.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the covers and the books.

    I am looking forward to reading them.

    I have my queue set up. :)

    THANKS for stopping, Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANKS for stopping, Mari.

    I hope you had a good mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Winter Guest looks very good.

    If you read it, let's compare notes, Tribute Books Mama.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nfmgirl...I hope we both like Neverhome.

    I agree about Winter Guest and Flight of the Sparrow.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping, Serena.

    Her books are all so good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. THANKS, Harvee Lau.

    Neverhome does looks good.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Flight of the Sparrow sounds really good. I like the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping, Words And Peace.

    Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am looking forward to reading Flight of the Sparrow.

    Cover is great.

    THANKS for stopping, Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Winter Guest looks fantastic. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping, Anna.

    I am looking forward to reading The Winter Guest. I have enjoyed all of Pam Jenoff's books.

    ReplyDelete