Friday, September 26, 2014

Book Beginnigs - 9/26/14


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

*****************
This week's book beginnings comes from RUTH'S JOURNEY by Donald McCaig.

"Her story began with a miracle.  It was not a remarkable miracle; the Red Sea did not part and Lazarus didn't rise up.  Hers was one of those everyday miracles that part the quick from the dead." 



This book is about Mammy from Gone With The Wind and is a bit difficult to follow, but I am going to keep going.  I LOVED Gone With The Wind. 

*****************
Read last week and wanted to share.

THE LAST BREATH by Kimberly Belle.


That first line drew me in immediately.  I forget a lot of things lately. :)

 *****************
What are you reading that you can't keep to yourself?  :)

*****************







Read the complete post...

9 comments:

  1. I hope the book gets better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad you're not enjoying Ruth's Journey as much as you had hoped. It's so disappointing when a book we really want to like just isn't a winner. The Last Breath is on my TBR. I'm really looking forward to reading that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pre-ordered Ruth's Journey, so I can't wait! And afterwards, I plan to reread GWTW...maybe! LOL

    Here's mine: “FRIENDSWOOD”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never read GWTW, just fell in love with the movie :) I think the beginning to this novel is great though! Hope your reading experience ends up being a good one at the end :)

    Here's mine:
    Sparrow’s BB & Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping there is more about the family instead of war and "men" things. :)

    Thanks, Katherine, for stopping.

    You should like The Last Breath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have not read Gone With The Wind? or is it a re-read?

    Loved that book.

    I hope Ruth's Journey picks up.

    Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping, Claudia.

    Go get Gone With The Wind. The book is GREAT - I think I saw the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this book's beginning and would read more to find out about the "everyday" miracle. Too bad the story is hard to follow!
    Here's the link to my Friday post: Coulda Been a Cowboy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a bit disappointed, but am going to finish it.

    Thanks for stopping, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete