Friday, September 19, 2014

Book Beginnings - 9/19/14


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

*****************
This is the same as last week.  I am almost done with LAST BREATH.  Very good mystery.
 
This week's book beginnings comes from LAST BREATH by Kimberly Belle.


"Some guy on Oprah last week said there is no such thing as an accidental lapse of memory.  That every phone call you forget to return, every errand you forget to run on the way home is a whisper of your subconscious."

That first line drew me in immediately.  I forget a lot of things lately. :)

*****************
Read last week and wanted to share.

Review is in the book's title.
FLIGHT OF THE SPARROW by Amy Belding Brown

It is an account of how folks had to live in Early, Puritan America.  It was a good historical book.
 *****************
What are you reading that you can't keep to yourself?  :)

*****************




23 comments:

  1. I hope you read a good book last week.


    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to trying Last Breath. As it's getting closer to fall I definitely find myself reaching for mysteries more and this sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that concept...nothing being accidental. Definitely sounds Freudian to me...LOL.

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “CROOKED RIVER”

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Last Breath sounds like a good book. I have to make lists or I'll forget something I should be doing... or maybe that guy on Oprah is right!
    Here's the link to my Friday post: The Merry-Go-Round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two pages left in The Last Breath....excellent mystery.

    I really liked it.

    I will see when the publisher wants the review posted.

    Thanks for stopping, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you like mystery and a bit of love, you will like The Last Breath, Katherine.

    Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL on things not being accidental. :)

    I like to think they are.

    Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first line sounds like its got a ring of truth in it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm...that's interesting. I forget lots of things these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgetting is my middle name. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it has a ring of truth too.

    The forgetting that happened in the book definitely was subconscious and for a very good reason.

    Thanks for stopping, Fredamans.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes I grab the book I plan to read next even though I am not quite reading it yet, just so that I will have a new book to report on. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love the photo on your header.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good idea, Anne.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is a great beginning! Makes me really think about why I might forget things. Thanks for visiting me earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL...yep...I forget things a lot.

    Thanks for stopping, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both those books sound good.
    Thanks for stopping by Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Last Breath was very good and so was Flight of the Sparrow.

    Two different genres, but both good.

    Thanks for stopping, Donna H.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Must be Dr. Phil ;)

    PS. I have 3 giveaways on the blog right now -- two books (US/Can) and a new Blogger Template (lots of pretty choices). I hope you come by and check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like a good mystery. Will look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. On my way, guiltless reader.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is pretty good, Harvee.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think I saw this book featured in another blog earlier in the month; how are you liking it!? Is it a self-help book? An informational book?

    I felt the beginning was catchy too! I would keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Last Breath is a mystery.

    The memory one of the characters had helps solve the mystery. :)

    Not a self-help book.

    Thanks for stopping, Claudia.

    ReplyDelete