Monday, September 15, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 9/15/14


   a
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week. 


********************** 

Books Completed Last Week:

FLIGHT OF THE SPARROW by Amy Belding Brown

 

A wonderful historical novel about Early, Puritan America.  I totally enjoyed this book.

Gorgeous cover too.

Review is in the book's title.

**********************

Book Currently Reading: 


THE LAST BREATH by Kimberly Bell



Books Up Next:


THREE STORY HOUSE by Courtney Miller Santo

RUTH'S JOURNEY by Donald McCaig

CROOKED RIVER by Valerie Geary


HIGH SEAS DARKNESS by



AN UNSEEMINGLY WIFE by E. B. Moore



VILLAGE OF SECRETS by Caroline Moorehead.


GARDEN OF LETTERS by Alyson Richman


TAHOE GHOST by Todd Borg



THE BEEKEEPER'S BALL by Susan Wiggs



NATCHEZ BURNING by Greg Isles

MADAME PICASSO by Anne Girard


THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR by Joel Dicker


THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor


WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman



THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 

       

How was your reading week?  













24 comments:

  1. Three Story House looks good - just from its cover and I like the title. Good that the one you have just read was great - always a high to have caught a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madame Piccasso caught my eye. Such a flamboyant character. The book has to be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all new to me! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flight of the Sparrow sounds like it was really good. Will have to look for it here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am guessing Three Story House will be very good. The Roots of The Olive Tree by the same author was wonderful.

    Have a good week, Kathryn, and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to reading Madame Picasso.

    I hope you had a good week. Will stop by later, Mystica.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was VERY historical, samstillreading.

    Thanks for stopping, samstillreading.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's quite a list and quite a few I haven't heard of - looking forward to hearing more!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to read a review of Flight of the Sparrow--so thanks! It does sound very good. Glad it was a great read for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Natchez Burning looks good. I wonder if you have to read the others in the series first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flight of the Sparrow is already on my wishlist and now that I found someone who enjoyed it, I am more confident in picking it up. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some great books to read this Fall! I love how you use book covers on Excel, as a way to keep up with your list! I'm a tad boring. I write them down on in a notebook :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. The covers help immensely.

    I am a visual person.

    Thanks for stopping, Books In The Burb.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to hear I helped you, Rita.

    I hope you enjoy the book.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not sure about reading in a certain order.

    His books are ALWAYS so good.

    Thanks for stopping, Heidi's Books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Leila....it was a very good historical fiction book.

    If you like Early America, you will enjoy the book.

    Thanks for stopping, Leila.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbish...thanks so much for stopping by.

    I do like my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I recently downloaded Three Story House and I'm looking forward to it. I have pre-ordered Ruth's Journey.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think both books will be very good.

    Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Every.
    Single.
    Book.

    Every single book I saw on your post I was like 'Want.' 'Want.'

    #bookfanaticproblems

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A. Reiding....I am laughing.

    I LOVE how you wrote those one-liners.

    Thanks for stopping. I hope you get to read

    Every
    Single
    Book
    I
    Have
    In
    My
    List

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had to add The girl who came home to my TBR pile, I love books like that, never heard of this one.

    Here's My Monday post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for stopping, Kym.

    Glad to see you found a book that you like.

    ENJOY your week.

    ReplyDelete