Monday, September 8, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 9/8/14


   a
**********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
**********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week. 


********************** 

Books Completed Last Week:

Nothing new completed, but I do have a new book at the end of my list.

I need to rearrange the books again.  :) 
 ********************** 

THE STORY OF LAND AND SEA by Katy Simpson Smith

This book is for a TLC tour for September 26. Review will be up on the tour date.

This book has gorgeous prose.  Story is a bit different, but good.



**********************

Book Currently Reading: 


FLIGHT OF THE SPARROW by Amy Belding Brown



Books Up Next:


THREE STORY HOUSE by Courtney Miller Santo


THE LAST BREATH by Kimberly Bell

RUTH'S JOURNEY by Donald McCaig
CROOKED RIVER by Valerie Geary


HIGH SEAS DARKNESS by



AN UNSEEMINGLY WIFE by E. B. Moore



VILLAGE OF SECRETS by Caroline Moorehead.


GARDEN OF LETTERS by Alyson Richman


TAHOE GHOST by Todd Borg



THE BEEKEEPER'S BALL by Susan Wiggs



NATCHEZ BURNING by Greg Isles
 

MADAME PICASSO by Anne Girard


THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR by Joel Dicker


THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor


WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman



THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


**********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 

       

How was your reading week?  












29 comments:

  1. Flight of the Sparrow looks good, just read the summary on Goodreads, I think I would like it so have added to my list. Look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garden of letters caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Madame Picasso and enjoyed it vry much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all new to me as always! Hope you enjoy and enjoyed them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found out that Flight of the Sparrow is a true account of Mary Rowlandson. She was captured by an American Indian Tribe.

    It is pretty interesting.

    Thanks for stopping, Kathryn T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Garden of Letters has been getting a lot of attention.

    I have a post about it but not a review.

    It is set in Italy, and that says it all doesn't it? :) It has to be wonderful.

    Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful to hear Madame Picasso is good.

    I rearranged my books and moved her up. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping, Jessica.

    Most have been there, but I just moved books around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You might need to read faster ;)

    Enjoy this weeks selections

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of good books in your line-up. I've seen The Three Story House on a few blogs recently and I want to know more about this book with the nice cover.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The story of Land and Sea sounds interesting, and so does Three story House. You have some nice reads lined up from the looks of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh...I know, shelleyrae. I can't read fast enough. :)

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am looking forward to Three Story House.

    I will be reading it next. Her other book, Roots of the Olive Tree, was excellent.

    Thanks for stopping, Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Story of Land and Sea was quite interesting. I enjoyed it. It was a bit disconnected, but good.

    Review will be up this Friday for a TLC tour.

    Thanks for stopping, Greg.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I recently downloaded Three Story House...looking forward to it! And Ruth's Journey is one I've pre-ordered.

    Enjoy your books!

    Here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES POST

    ReplyDelete
  16. We may be reading Three Story House together, Laurel.

    I am sure the book will be good if it is similar to The Roots of the Olive Tree.

    Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm wondering about Flight of the Sparrow, have it on my wishlist already but didn't pick it up yet. Also Three Story House is supposed to be very good.
    Have a nice week, Elizabeth and find time to relax with a book.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've not heard of most of these, but love the cover of Three Story House!
    Check out my Monday post

    ReplyDelete
  19. Flight of The Sparrow is a true account of Mary Rowlandson.

    It is interesting.

    I am looking forward to reading The Three Story House.

    Thanks for stopping, Rita.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Three Story House should be good, Lisa. Loved her other book.

    Thanks for stopping by, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't know why, but you always pick the most gorgeous book covers to read!! I'm sure there is a correlation with how good they are written, too! I'm a visual person, so I Just had to share that with you :D Looks like you have some fantastic reads this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My stack just seems to get taller and taller too despite reading as much as I do. Of course, reading has slowed down since school started. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope to get to the Greg Iles book very soon. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, I am amazed at how much you read. I have to get back on board and start linking up with book hops again. You have a lot of great titles for me to investigate. Thanks for sharing and stopping by today.

    http://mary-anderingcreatively.blogspot.com/2014/09/10-things-thankful-photography-poetry.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love my covers, Books In The Burbs. :)

    I do get drawn in by them. More often than naught, the inside is just as good.

    Thanks for stopping, Books In The Burbs.

    ReplyDelete
  26. School does slow reading time down. :)

    I missed it when I taught.

    Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You will have to let me know how you like Natchez Burning.

    I always liked his books, so I am sure this is going to good too.

    Thanks for stopping, Nise.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It takes me a long time to read a book, but I guess I do read a lot.

    Thanks for stopping by, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Find best business plan from home without any work, just invest $1 and get 120% Total Profit within a week
    EarningsClub.Com

    ReplyDelete