Monday, September 1, 2014

Mailbox Monday - 9/1/14


 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 **********************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 

 ****************
I hope you had a good mailbox.  

My mailbox had some awesome books in it.

 ****************
On Monday, August 25, I received:

1.  THE LAST BREATH by Kimberly Belle, courtesy of Emer Flounders of Harlequin/MIRA.

This was a surprise.


On Thursday, August 28, I received:

1.  NATCHEZ BURNING by Greg Iles, courtesy of Katherine Turro of Harper Collins.

It is a chunkster.


  
On Friday, August 29, I received:

1.  CROOKED RIVER by Valerie Geary, courtesy of Katherine Turro of Harper Collins.


On Saturday, August 30, I received:

1.  RUTH'S JOURNEY by Donald McCaig, courtesy of Mellony Torres of Atria Books.

I LOVED Gone with the Wind...can't wait to read this book.


**********
These books all look so good, don't they? 

 How about your mailbox?   

Which title was in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?


 

24 comments:

  1. Natchez Burning is big but I've heard it's a pretty fast read. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natchez Burning is about 800 pages.

    Good to hear it is a pretty fast read.

    I like his books.

    Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look great! The Last Breath caught my eye. Book surprises are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Gone With the Wind as well, so I am excited about Ruth's Journey. Although I did read the author's other book, Rhett Butler's People, and absolutely hated it, so I'm still a little skeptical. I may just need to wait and see what others think of it before picking up a copy myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn on Rhett Butler.

    I hope Ruth's Journey is better.

    Good idea to wait.

    Thanks for stopping, Shoshanah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great selection of books. I'm hoping to read Ruth's Journey, too. I have Rhett Butler's People here, but haven't dipped into it yet.

    Thanks for visiting The Busy Mom's Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Ruth's Journey is as good as Gone With The Wind. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. at my potluck book club, a member presented Natchez Burning, sounds really good. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, they all look good, especially The Last Breath. Enjoy your new pile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes...surprises are the best.

    Thanks for stopping, readingdate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to hear, wordsandpeace.

    Thanks for the informtion and for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Laura.

    I am looking forward to all of them.

    Thanks for stopping, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am looking forward to Ruth's Journey.

    I hope it is as good as Gone With The Wind. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, goodies! I have heard many good things about Natchez Burning (and other books by the author)! Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of your books look good so I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Mary.

    I am excited about them. Now to just fit them into my reading time. :)

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greg Isles writes awesome books.

    Thanks for stopping, Kay.

    Enjoy your books...you had some good ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. last breath, Natchez Burning and Ruth's journey...great list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a copy of Natchez Burning, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Elizabeth,

    Well! Where to start with that lovely selection ....

    Ruth's Journey is about the only one I wouldn't be particularly bothered about reading, as I am not a huge fan of prequels.

    'The Last Breath' has been featured on quite a few blogs and is therefore already on my 'Want To Read List.

    I have also added 'Crooked River'. Even though I am not a big believer in spirits, I find the premise for this one oddly intriguing.

    I also like the writing of Greg Iles, however I am not sure that this size chunkster is going to make it onto my list, I might wait and see what you think of it first!

    Great selection, you are so lucky this week.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, Serena.

    They all do look pretty good. :)

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not sure when I will start Natchez Burning.

    Thanks for stopping, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope Ruth's Journey is good. Another blogger said Rhett Butler was awful. :(

    I didn't realize Crooked River had spirits in it. I hope I like it.

    I am sure Natchez Burning will be good. I love Greg Isles' books.

    Yvonne...thanks as always for your great comment, and thanks so much for stopping.

    I was a lucky girl last week. We will see what this week brings. :)

    ReplyDelete