Monday, September 8, 2014

Mailbox Monday - 9/8/14


 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 **********************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 

 ****************
I hope you had a good mailbox.  

My mailbox had one book, but a good book.

 ****************
On Friday, September 5, I received:

1.  HOW TO BE A GOOD WIFE by Emma Chapman, courtesy of Picador.  

I won this in a Shelf Awareness Giveaway in August.



I love the cover.  My husband loves the title.  :)


**********

 How about your mailbox?   

Which title was in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?


 

19 comments:

  1. One lonely book, but a good one.

    I hope you had a good mailbox.

    Have a great week, and thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only one in my mailbox too. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your win! Looks like a good book. Enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mary.

    I love the cover. It looks like it will be good.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, readingdate.

    I am always amazed if I win from a huge contest such as Shelf Awareness. I was happy.

    I do keep a list of contests I enter because there is no way I could remember. :)

    Thanks for stopping, readingdate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The husband loves the title, Kathy. :)

    It does look good.

    Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Serena.

    I hope you have a good reading week too.

    Thanks for stopping, Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elizabeth,

    I often only receive one book a week, yet I still manage to get behind on my reviews, so it is probably just as well!

    They are even more satisfying when they are a win though, aren't they? so many congratulations!

    As Dave and I have been married for 36 years now, I guess that he too, would find the title of the book amusing ... it must be a man thing and they probably wouldn't be quite so smug if it was called 'How To Be A good Husband'!

    I really must stop checking out the books I discover on Goodreads, but it is just too easy! I am adding titles to my 'Want To Read' list at a great rate of knots and this book has just joined them, especially after I read a few very complimentary reviews by some of my Goodreads friends!

    thanks for sharing and I hope that youe enjoy the book as much as everyone else seems to have done.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds fascinating. I might have to add it to my wish list.

    Thanks for visiting The Busy Mom's Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope it is good, Cheryl.

    I love the cover.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Yvonne. You are so like me.

    I manage to get books read and reviewed, but I still am behind. :)

    It is good I have small mailboxes most weeks. :)

    Great on 36 years of marriage. Great to hear it has good reviews.

    I liked the cover and the title so I requested it. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover, Tribute Books Mama.

    I hear it is good inside too.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, staceybuckeye.

    I love contest wins. :)

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Holly.

    Wins are so much fun.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete