Friday, October 10, 2014

Book Beginnings - 10/10/14


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

*****************
This week's book beginnings comes from THE WONDER OF ALL THINGS by Jason Mott.


 
"FOR ONCE, DEATH took pity.  That is what the people of Stone Temple would say in the time that came after."

Can't get into the book yet, but I am sure I will.

*****************
A book From Last Week and that I wanted to share.  

LOVED this book.  Review is in the book's title.

CROOKED RIVER by Valerie Geary

 *****************
What are you reading that you can't keep to yourself?  :)

*****************







11 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!!

    Thanks for stopping. Happy Reading Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both books sound good! I'm wondering about the "after" in The Wonder of All Things. What happened? I'm curious.
    My Friday post features BEAUTIFUL RUINS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading The Bookseller, which is a fascinating foray into dream life vs. reality,

    Thanks for sharing your excerpt; I am curious about the meaning of it.

    Here's mine: “THE CARRIER”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading The Equalizer, although it is not something I would typically choose for myself, but since the movie was recently released and I need to complete my Book to Movie challenge, I dove in.

    I really like the BB from the one you've shared. Made stop and ponder if in fact, death can have pity on someone. It's hard to believe with the disease pandemic we are facing even now.

    Great post! Have a lovely weekend Elizabeth :)

    Sparrow’s BB & Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read Jason Mott's book!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. His first book was different but good. This book is different too.

    Thanks for stopping, fredamans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping, Claudia.

    Great on your book to movie challenge. I never do challenges because they cause me too much stress.

    This book is ok....haven't gotten into the "meat" of it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't found the meaning yet, Laurel.

    Hopefully it will come around soon.

    The Bookseller sounds very good.

    Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What happened is that a young girl totally healed an injured boy. :)

    The book is ok...haven't gotten into it yet.

    Thanks for stopping, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete