Monday, October 13, 2014

Mailbox Monday - 10/13/14

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 **********************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 

 ****************
I hope you had a good mailbox.  

 ****************
On Tuesday, October 7, I received:

1.  AUNTY LEE'S DEADLY SPECIALS by Ovidia Yu, courtesy of Joanne Minutillo of Harper Collins.


I received a copy of this book a few weeks ago, but that is ok.  

I will put it in Elizabeth's Lending Library for my friends and family to enjoy.  :)  

I am the "library" for my family and friends.  There are always books off my shelf that are being enjoyed, and discussed later. :)


On Thursday, October 9, I received:

1.  WHAT THE LADY WANTS by Renee Rosen, courtesy of Jessica Butler of Penguin Randomhouse.

This book is for a requested review and post during the second week in November.

I loved her other book, DOLLFACE, and I am hoping this book is just as good.
**********
 How about your mailbox?   

Any titles in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?
**********


 
 




24 comments:

  1. Lovely of you to put your book in the library - hope others enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't put it in the actual library, samstillreading.

    I call my library of books I share with friends Elizabeth's Lending Library. :)

    I have a sheet for the book checkout just like a library. :)

    Thanks for stopping, samstillreading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your friends and family enjoy your library of great books. Enjoy your latest and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Pat.

    I enjoy sharing, and they enjoy the books.

    I am missing a book, though. Somehow THE ORCHARDIST wasn't "checked out," and I don't know who has it. :(

    Thanks for stopping, Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping, Serena.

    I hope it is a good reading week for me. Sometimes the books get lost in the shuffle of the busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new books look delightful...and how wonderful that you are the "lending library" for family and friends.

    Most of my family and friends do not like the books I enjoy...LOL.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when friends/family visit and check out the bookshelves. I'm always happy to share because then I have someone to discuss the books with :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What the Lady Wants has a gorgeous cover! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some friends and family say no thanks, but they find something eventually.

    Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some friends and family say no thanks, but they find something eventually.

    Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love when I have someone to discuss my books with.

    Thanks for stopping, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am looking forward to reading WHAT THE LADY WANTS.

    Thanks for stopping, DeniseF.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What The Lady Wants looks good, nice cover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is is gorgeous. It has a shine to it too, but I don't think you can see it in the photo.

    Thanks for stopping, Tribute Books Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Elizabeth,

    I have several hundred books around the house, however I haven't read any of them. Once I have read a book, I will always pass it on to a family member or the charity shop, for it to be read and enjoyed by someone else. My MIL and Father also do the same thing though, so the number of books I have at any one time, never really goes down!

    I quite like the sound of 'What The lady Wants' and the cover is definitely alluring.

    I'm not too sure about the 'Aunty Lee..' series though. I would really like to try the series, just to get a flavour of Singapore, however the whole thing does sound very much like 'The Number One Ladies' Detective Agency' series and that puts me off a bit!

    Enjoy your new finds and have a good week.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think Aunty Lee's will be funny. :)

    I hear you about so many books. I have so many. It is crazy.

    Thanks for sharing what your family does.

    Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have the Aunty Lee book!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We can all discuss it. I think it is going to be funny. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Online Easy Jobs from home with data entry, copy pasting, facebook jobs
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. not familiar with any of these. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping, wordsandpeace.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think What the Lady Wants is on my wish list. Hard to keep track some days. Too many books, not enough time.

    Thanks for visiting The Busy Mom's Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It should be good if it is as good as Dollface.

    I am looking forward to reading What The Lady Wants.

    Thanks for stopping, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete