Monday, October 27, 2014

Mailbox Monday - 10/27/14


 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 *******************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 

 ***************
I hope you had a good mailbox.  

I had one good looking book in my mailbox, and I am happy.  

I have so many books to read, I am perfectly content.  :)

 ***************
On Saturday, October 25, I received:

1.  THE POCKET WIFE by Susan Crawford, courtesy of Katherine Turro of Harper Collins.

It sure looks and sounds like a good mystery to me.  What do you think?

The title is quite interesting as well.  Wonder what a "pocket wife" is?  :)
 



**********
 How about your mailbox?   

Any titles in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?
**********


 
 


33 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about all those books! Your new one does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking I would have an empty mailbox, then I had this surprise on Saturday. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pocket Wife looks fantastic. Hope you love it! Enjoy your week, Elizabeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Pocket Wife looks fantastic. Hope you love it! Enjoy your week, Elizabeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mysteries and thrillers seem to the be the order of the day in the mailboxes this week. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes, The Pocket Wife is one I want to know more about! Enjoy...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am curious about what the title means. :)

    Thanks for stopping, readingdate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be the mystery and thriller season. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks quite good.

    The title is intriguing, don't you think, Laurel?

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting looking book. I hope you enjoy it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Pat.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning contrast on the cover. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like an interesting read, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping, Kristen.

    I do like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds quite different, doesn't it?

    Thanks for stopping, Tribute Books Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, if you have about 8 physical books two for one book tours and quite a few virtial books (e-books) I say a week is good have closed though it will take a while before I am able to clear and down to couple books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely a while that new books will be needed. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Lindsay.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is a very curious title. :)

    Going to be interesting to see what it means.

    Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This one sounds interesting. How scary not to know if you are a murderer or not.

    Thanks for visiting The Busy Mom's Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for stopping, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Elizabeth,

    I am not sure that this is really a book I would enjoy, although I am nonetheless intrigued by the premise.

    I too, would like to know if there is any significance in the book's title and seeing that the author has a Q&A blog on Goodreads, I decided to ask her the question directly. I shall let you know if she replies!

    Thanks for sharing and enjoy the rest of your week,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooooo...that would be great, Yvonne.

    Thanks for investigating.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It does sound quite good.

    Thanks for stopping, Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I know the inside is going to be as good as the cover.

    What do you think, stacybuckeye?

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Pocket Wife does have quite an intriguing cover. Hope it's one you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I do like the cover a lot, and want to know what the title stands for, but I guess I have to read the book to find out. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Shoshanah.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Can't wait to see what you think of The Pocket Wife. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for stopping, Anna.

    It looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Elizabeth,

    When I saw the question about the book’s title in your post, I decided to ask the question of author Susan Crawford, as a Goodreads question.
    She was kind enough to reply almost instantly and her story really made me smile …

    https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8382249.Susan_H_Crawford

    I have now added the book to my ‘Want To Read’ list,

    Have a great weekend,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete