Monday, November 10, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 11/10/14

   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week.

******************** 

Books Completed Last Week:

WHAT THE LADY WANTS by Renee Rosen

I LOVE historical fiction...I always learn so much that wasn't discussed in history class.  :)



This book is historical fiction at its best.  You will find out what the book's title means and how Chicago became the city it is.  

The infamous love affair between Marshall Field and Delia Spencer will also keep you interested.

MY REVIEW WILL BE LIVE TOMORROW...STOP BY IF YOU CAN.

Ms. Rosen's book, Dollface, is also about Chicago and oh so good.   My review is in the book's title.

Book Currently Reading: 

A WOMAN'S CHOICE by Annie Thomas


Books Up Next:

THE POCKET WIFE by Susan Crawford


The author told a friend of mine how she got the title for her book, and I love it.  Can't wait to read THE POCKET WIFE.

HIGH SEAS DARKNESS by Burr B. Anderson

THREE STORY HOUSE by Courtney Miller Santo

GARDEN OF LETTERS by Alyson Richman


TAHOE GHOST by Todd Borg



THE BEEKEEPER'S BALL by Susan Wiggs



NATCHEZ BURNING by Greg Isles

MADAME PICASSO by Anne Girard


THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR by Joel Dicker


THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor


WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman



THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 

     

How was your reading week?  





26 comments:

  1. Very nice! More new to me ones, but hope you enjoyed and enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy your selections,

    Happy reading!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to have a Chicago theme going! Natchez Burning appeals to me. I might have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, shelleyrae.

    I have a difficult time choosing, but I am glad some are on tours or have specific review dates requested by the publisher. :) I can rearrange according to those things.

    THANKS for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...sure looks like a Chicago theme doesn't it?

    Thanks for stopping, Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had Dollface on my TBR forever! I really should get around to reading that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natchez Burning was one of my favorites of the year - I can't wait for the next one in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your historical fiction reads look very good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some interesting sounding reads. The only one I've read is Perfect and whilst I couldn't go as to say it was that, I did really enjoy it. Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get to read Dollface too.

    You should like it.

    Thanks for stopping, Melinda.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Natchez Burning looks so good, but it is such a big book. :)

    So glad to hear it was a favorite and that it is a series.

    Thanks for stopping, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am excited about my historical fiction books.

    Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect has been waiting to be read for a while. :)

    Thanks for the tip about it not being perfect but enjoyable.

    Thanks for stopping, Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are reading with a Chicago theme, aren't you? Off to add these to my wishlist. Love to read about Chicago.

    Here's my It's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sure seems like a Chicago theme. :)

    Both books were very good. Your wishlist will love you.

    Thanks for stopping, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love historical books for the same reason. I think we weren't taught even close to the amount of things we should have been. Thank goodness for books and for self education :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. The history teachers most likely didn't have the time to "tell all" or were not permitted to. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy your books! Everything sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've got a lot of new-to-me books in your up next list--I have a feeling several of them will end up on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Please let me know which books you choose to read, Catherine.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dollface looks great. I can't resist a book about the 20s!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've got a great selection of books there. A couple of covers grabbed my attention and I'm looking forward to reading your reviews.

    I spend a lot of my reading time focused on kids and YA books, so I don't get to read as much adult fiction as I would like. I'm envious of your great reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad you stopped by, Susan.

    I hope you get to read a few adult books and you enjoy them.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You will love the book, Lindsey, if you like the 20's.

    Let me know if you read it.

    THANKS for stopping, Lindsey.

    ReplyDelete