Friday, December 12, 2014

Book Beginnings - 12/12/14


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

***************
This week's book beginnings comes from THE LONG WAY HOME by Louise Penny.


"As Clara Morrow approached, she wondered if he'd repeat the same small gesture he'd done every morning.  It was so tiny, so insignificant.  So easy to ignore.  The first time.  But why did Armand Gamache keep doing it?"

Louise Penny's characters and setting of all of her books is wonderful.  I would love to live in Three Pines with these characters.  :)

15 comments:

  1. I hope you have a good weekend and enjoy the book you are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this book and the entire series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely....I love the characters.

    I am about halfway done. Good as always.

    Thanks for stopping, Harvee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious about that tiny gesture. What is it! I'd have to keep reading to find out. I haven't read any books by this author, but this sounds like a good one.
    My Friday post features THE TIGER QUEENS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like mystery and a quaint setting, you will love her books, Sandra.

      THANKS for stopping by, Sandra.

      Delete
  5. Okay, now I'm dying to know what the gesture is? LOL

    Here's mine: “WINTER STREET”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not a bad gesture. :)

      THANKS for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  6. I've never participated in a blog hop like this. You have me intrigued with that first part of the book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to see you joined in the fun, Tina.

      Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  7. I have not read Louise Penny yet but I hope to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read one of her books. My first book by Louise Penny was The Brutal Telling.

      It was the fifth book of hers...I had to go back and read the rest. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Sheila.

      Delete
  8. Hmm I wonder why they keep doing it? I certainly want to keep reading to find out why! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to read the book to find out why. :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Laura.

      ENJOY your reading week.

      Delete