Friday, December 5, 2014

Book Beginnings - 12/5/14


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

***************
This week's book beginnings comes from AFTER THE WAR IS OVER by Jennifer Robson.  

The cover pulled me, but the content is only OK.  Hopefully it will get better.


 

"By nature she wasn't a solitary person, and yet Charlotte couldn't help but relish the peace and quiet that descended on the constituency office after her colleagues had gone home." 

*************** 
This is from a book I finished last week and wanted to share. 

THE SILENT SISTER



THE SILENT SISTER is another excellent read by Diane Chamberlain.

My review is in the book's title.
***************

11 comments:

  1. After the War Is Over sounds good! And I LOVED The Silent Sister.

    Thanks for sharing...and I adore your Christmas lights.

    Here's mine: “WALKING ON TRAMPOLINES”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, I hope the book gets better for you! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks about the Christmas Lights.

    After The War Is Over isn't as good as the cover makes it look. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it does too, Suko.

    It is dragging.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both books you've featured today sound good, especially THE SILENT SISTER. I don't know what a "constituency office" could be, so I'd keep reading AFTER THE WAR IS OVER to find out more.
    My Friday post features HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure why this verification code is on...I have it turned off in the settings.

    Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Silent Sister was very good.

    After the War is Over is an ok read. I thought it was going to be better and have more action. :)

    THANKS for stopping, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can definitely relate to relishing peace and quite! Diane Chamberlain is on my TBR list. I've heard fabulous things about her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane Chamberlain is wonderful.

    I hope you get to read one of her books, Katherine P.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an interesting books and hey the Christmas lights are awesome :)

    BookBeginning@EverythingNyze

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Nyze. The lights add a little festive touch.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete