Monday, December 1, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 12/1/14

   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week.

******************** 

Books Completed Last Week:

THE SILENT SISTER by Diane Chamberlain for a post sometime this week or early the following week.

 

Another fantastic read by Diane Chamberlain.

Review is in the book's title.

Book Currently Reading: 

PASSING THROUGH PERFECT by Bette Lee Crosby for a January 6, 2015, post.


Books Up Next:   

AFTER THE WAR IS OVER by Jennifer Robson for a January 5, 2015 post.

THE SECRETS OF MIDWIVES by Sally Hepworth for a February 10, 2015, post.


HUSH HUSH by Laura Lippman for a February 24, 2015 post.



THE POCKET WIFE by Susan Crawford for a March 17, 2015, post.

The author told a friend of mine how she got the title for her book, and I love it.  Can't wait to read THE POCKET WIFE.

NIGHT NIGHT, SLEEP TIGHT by Hallie Ephron for a March 24, 2015 post.

TAHOE GHOST by Todd Borg



HIGH SEAS DARKNESS by Burr B. Anderson

THREE STORY HOUSE by Courtney Miller Santo


GARDEN OF LETTERS by Alyson Richman



THE BEEKEEPER'S BALL by Susan Wiggs




NATCHEZ BURNING by Greg Isles

MADAME PICASSO by Anne Girard


THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR by Joel Dicker


THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor


WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman




THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 

     

How was your reading week?  







22 comments:

  1. OOoh nice! All new to me! Hope you enjoy your reads for the week!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great reading week.

    I hope you did too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting assortment of books. I've heard of some of the authors but never read any of them. I hope you enjoy them all. Come see my week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Kathy, and thanks so much for stopping.

    I think I am going to LOVE them all. At least I hope so :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many promising books to read--is this the library?! I hope you will enjoy them. Hush Hush appeals to me this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Suko.

    It looks like the library doesn't it?

    I actually have a lending library with my book club. I have a sign out sheet, and we share some of the books on my shelf. :)

    Thanks for stopping, Suko.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you've got some good reads coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping, Carol.

    I am looking forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "My friend told me how the title came about"...You can't leave us like that!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, Deb.

    I can tell you the reason. This is from the author...she had this on Facebook. Yvonne of Fiction Books is the one who asked Ms. Crawford this question.

    Not at all, Yvonne. While I was writing the book I called my husband at work to ask him something fairly important. He is a complete workaholic and was up to his eyelashes in something there as usual, so he said to hold on. "I'm just going to stick you in my pocket for a second," he told me, and then I heard the rustling sounds of the phone against the inside of his pocket. I hung up and said to myself, "I am nothing but a pocket wife!" And then I thought. Wait! I like that!

    Pretty clever isn't it?

    Thanks for stopping, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see you are reading Chamberlain too, as Sheila is. You have some wonderful titles lined up. I have to take a peek at The Beekeepers Ball as well as Garden of Letters. I love the story on the title for The Pocket Wife.
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes on Chamberlain. I am finished and reviewed. Check out the link if you like, Martha.

    The story is very clever isn't it? I like it too.

    The Garden of Letters is supposed to be very good. So is The Beekeeper's Ball.

    Those poor books. I keep pushing them down because of new reads. :(

    Thanks so much for stopping, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've enjoyed so many of Chamberlain's novels ... The Silent Sister was no exception. The Secrets of Midwives caught my eye, looking forward to your thoughts. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like some awesome reads - so glad you read The Silent Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to see what you think of The Silent Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoyed it, DeniseF.

    My review is there if you want to check it out.

    Thanks for stopping, DeniseF.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am excited about all my books.

    Oh yes...The Silent Sister was quite good.

    Thanks for stopping, Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just put the Secret Sister in my TBR pile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's ok, Jennifer.

    THANKS so much for stopping by.

    Let me know what you think when you read it.

    ReplyDelete