Friday, January 16, 2015

Book Blogger Hop - 1/16 - 1/21

 Question of the Week:


Do you feel comfortable enough approaching a stranger when you see he/she is reading a book to ask what they are reading?

My Answer:

Oh yes....I do that all the time. :)

I think readers are flattered when you ask what they are reading, and it definitely starts a wonderful conversation.

I love finding new titles and new book lovers to talk to.  I have yet to find one with a blog, though.  

What about you?  Have you found a reader on the train, on a plane, in the airport, or anywhere that you talked to?


9 comments:

  1. For me, it depends on the time and place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, Kathy.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  2. I haven't though I did get in a lovely conversation with an older woman at the library one time. She was looking for a classic American mystery author but didn't remember the name. Luckily I did (Mary Roberts Rinehart) and we had a very nice conversation about books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it such fun to talk or to help some one with books?

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete
  3. I do approach others frequently, as long as they aren't 'shady' looking. It's harder with ereaders, but with physical books - I'm definitely one who checks out covers of what people are reading and may approach them. I linked up, too. :) http://www.brookeblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't approach "shady" folks either, but I do approach in safe places. :) I am too curious to not ask. :)

      You never know. I might find another good book to add to my toppling stack. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Brooke.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. :)

      I am selective with the person I ask, but I do ask. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Nyze.

      Delete