Monday, January 12, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 1/12/15

   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week. 

******************** 

Books Completed Last Week:

THE SECRET OF MAGIC by Deborah Johnson for a Tuesday, January 13, 2015, review date.




Finished THE SECRET OF MAGIC on Sunday night.  

Beautiful writing.  Ms. Johnson is a master with words.

Historical Fiction at its best.

Book Currently Reading: 

ONE STEP TOO FAR by Tina Seskis for a February 2, 2015, post.



Books Up Next:   


WAR OF THE WIVES  by Tamar Cohen for a February 12, 2015, post.



THE POCKET WIFE by Susan Crawford for a March 17, 2015, post.

The author told a friend of mine how she got the title for her book, and I love it.  Can't wait to read THE POCKET WIFE.


NIGHT NIGHT, SLEEP TIGHT by Hallie Ephron for a March 24, 2015 post.



THE SILVER WITCH by Paula Brackston for an April 16, 2015 post.


TAHOE GHOST by Todd Borg



HIGH SEAS DARKNESS by Burr B. Anderson

THREE STORY HOUSE by Courtney Miller Santo


GARDEN OF LETTERS by Alyson Richman



THE BEEKEEPER'S BALL by Susan Wiggs




NATCHEZ BURNING by Greg Isles

MADAME PICASSO by Anne Girard


THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR by Joel Dicker


THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor


WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman




THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 

     

How was your reading week?  











28 comments:

  1. Nice! All new to me! Hope you have a great week!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. War of the Wives is on my reading list too.

    Have a great week,
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds quite good.

      Thanks for stopping, shelleyrae.

      Delete
  3. Lots of books on your list that look really interesting. I loved The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry and intend to check out The Love Song of Queenie Hennessy but I haven't read Perfect yet. Under the Wide and Starry Sky sounds really good. I'm hoping to read it with my book group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harold was pretty good. I still haven't gotten to Perfect.

      I don't know The Love Song of Queenie Hennessy...sounds good.

      Under The Wide and Starry Sky should be good. I like Nancy Horan.

      Thanks so much for stopping, Christina.

      Delete
  4. The Secret of Magic looks good -- love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover too. Perfect for the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Joy.

      Delete
  5. Some great books on the list. Bit daunting though...so many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some keep getting pushed down. I love to see them so I know I will always have something to read. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Emma.

      Delete
  6. Wow, so many new books that I have never heard of. I have just started "The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics" by Daniel James Brown. Interesting non-fiction read. And I just finished "The Namesake" by Jhumpa Lahiri. Loved it.

    Marianne from Let's Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I don't know any of the books you mentioned.

      So many wonderful books out there. YEAH!!

      Thanks for stopping, Marianne.

      Delete
  7. Great line up of books for 2015, Elizabeth. Some are already on my wish list and others will be added.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear we have similar books lined up.

      Thanks for stopping, Catherine.

      Delete
  8. Can you imagine being Picasso's wife? Oh my! I hope I get a chance to read that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No on being his wife!! :)

      I hear it is quite good.

      Thanks for stopping, Deb.

      Delete
  9. So many great titles, don't know why but I love the cover of The Silver Witch. Curious about The Secret of Magic and The Pocket Wife. Have a wonderful week and happy, happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the cover of The Silver Witch too. It is gorgeous.

      Review of The Secret of Magic is on my blog today.

      Thanks for stopping, Teddyree.

      Delete
  10. The Secret of Magic looks good. I've liked her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first of her books that I have read.

      My review is up today.

      Thanks for stopping, Nise.

      Delete
  11. I really loved The Bookman's Tale, and his follow-up, First Impressions. I think in a different life I could have gone into rare books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear The Bookman's Tale is good. Thanks for the information.

      Rare books are good.

      Thanks for stopping, janceereads.

      Delete
  12. What a great list! I have not heard of many of them -- fun to check out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by. I wish I could read faster so I could read them all in a short time. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Jennifer.

      Delete
  13. So many good books! The Secret of Magic caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good once it got started.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete
  14. Looks like you've got a lot of great books on your to-read list! I always like Tamar Cohen's books and The War of the Wives was a 5-star read for me. I hope you'll enjoy it, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo...good to know The War of the Wives is a 5-star read. Can't wait to start it.

      Thanks for stopping, Judith.

      Delete