Monday, January 19, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 1/19/15

   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week. 

******************** 

Books Completed Last Week:

THE SECRET OF MAGIC by Deborah Johnson for a Tuesday, January 13, 2015, review date.




Review is in the book's title.

Beautiful writing.  Ms. Johnson is a master with words.

Historical Fiction at its best.

 ********************
I also finished:

ONE STEP TOO FAR by Tina Seskis for a February 2, 2015, post. Review up on that date.

ONE STEP TOO FAR was confusing and unconventional but definitely creative in the style.  I was lost at times, though.



Book Currently Reading: 


WAR OF THE WIVES  by Tamar Cohen for a February 12, 2015, post.



Books Up Next:   

DOCTOR DEATH by Lene Kaaberbol for a February 16, 2015, post.

http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Death-Madeleine-Mystery-Mysteries-ebook/dp/B00LD1RWGU/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1421608619&sr=1-1&keywords=doctor+death

THE POCKET WIFE by Susan Crawford for a March 17, 2015, post.

The author told a friend of mine how she got the title for her book, and I love it.  Can't wait to read THE POCKET WIFE.


NIGHT NIGHT, SLEEP TIGHT by Hallie Ephron for a March 24, 2015, post.




WHISPER HOLLOW by Chris Cander for a March 26, 2015, post.

I love this cover. The ARC has a different one.


THE SILVER WITCH by Paula Brackston for an April 16, 2015 post.



TAHOE GHOST by Todd Borg



HIGH SEAS DARKNESS by Burr B. Anderson

THREE STORY HOUSE by Courtney Miller Santo


GARDEN OF LETTERS by Alyson Richman



THE BEEKEEPER'S BALL by Susan Wiggs




NATCHEZ BURNING by Greg Isles

MADAME PICASSO by Anne Girard


THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR by Joel Dicker


THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor


WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman




THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 

     

How was your reading week?  




22 comments:

  1. OOoh nice! These are all new to me! Hope you enjoy each and every one of them!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a fast reader like me. I'm trying to slow down a little this year. We'll see!

    Here's my It’s Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually a slow reader. I usually only get one book done a week.

      Thanks for stopping, Deb.

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed The War of the Wives from what I remember, it's a while since I read it (in the UK). I have the Tina Seskis book on my tbr pile. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The War Of The Wives is quite humorous. I am enjoying it.

      The Tina Seskis book was an ok read. I hope you like it.

      Thanks for stopping, Lindsay.

      Delete
  4. You have a fabulous book list, and all those books ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...it will take me until late in life to read them all. :) :)

      Thanks for stopping, Irene.

      Delete
  5. The War of the Wives looks tempting...and I enjoyed The Pocket Wife. I agree that One Step Too Far was a little confusing.

    Enjoy your week...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The War Of The Wives is good, Laurel. You probably would enjoy it. It is funny.

      One Step Too Far was ok.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  6. Have fun with The War of the Wives. A nice, easy read. Should keep you entertained!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying it. :)

      It is quite entertaining.

      Thanks for stopping, Leeswammes.

      Delete
  7. War of the wives sounds like a really interesting book! I hope you enjoy it :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun read.

      Thanks for stopping, Sarah.

      Delete
  8. Such a good list. I am intrigued by the title and cover of Doctor Death. I'm interested to know more. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be reading Doctor Death in a few days.

      Thanks for stopping, Martha.

      Delete
  9. So many great books you have lined up- hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited about all of them.

      Thanks for stopping, turnthepagesreviews.com

      Delete
  10. I can't even focus on one book as they all sound fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have quite a few don't I? :)

      Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

      Delete
  11. I don't read much fiction, but I really enjoyed and highly recommend The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert.

    Strings Attached was very well-written, but I found it too dark to be very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear this about The Signature of All Things.

      I have had this book on my shelf for two years.

      Strings Attached sounded interesting. I don't like dark either, though.

      Thanks for stopping, Carrie.

      Delete