Monday, January 19, 2015

Mailbox Monday - 1/19/15

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
***************
I hope you had a good mailbox. 
***************
On January 13, I received: 
1.  WHISPER HOLLOW by Chris Cander, courtesy of Charlotte Kelly of Other Press.
Love this cover.
On Friday, January 16, I received:
1.  ECHO LAKE by Carla Neggers, courtesy of Emer Flounders, Publicity Manager of Harlequin/MIRA.
Emer sent it as a surprise.  Thanks, Emer. 
Unfortunately I don't read romance novels.  I will share it with a friend.
***************
 How about your mailbox?   

Any titles in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?
***************



30 comments:

  1. How was your mailbox?

    Mine are leaner these days, but I like it.

    Have a great week, and thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to get a new book as a surprise. Both books look good. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Pat.

      I am sure I will enjoy Whisper Hollow, and a friend will enjoy Echo Lake.

      Delete
  3. Hope you love Whisper Hollow! It does look intriguing. Have a good week, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the cover of Whisper Hollow. My copy has a different cover.

      Thanks for stopping, readingdate.

      Delete
  4. Hope Whisper Hollow is one you love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks good and sounds good. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  5. You're right, Whisper Hollow does have an awesome cover. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a cover nut. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Shoshanah.

      Delete
  6. Whisper Hollow sounds very good and I like the cover too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Elysium.

      It has a very intriguing cover.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I know...isn't that cover mysterious and one that makes you wonder?

      Thanks for stopping, Tribute Books Mama.

      Delete
  8. Hope you enjoy Whisper Hollow and your friend enjoys Echo Lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I am sure I will enjoy Whisper Hollow.

      I need to find a romance-reading friend. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Carol.

      Delete
    2. Enjoy Whisper Hollow. I don't normally read romances either but hope you can find Echo Lake a good home.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks, Serena, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. They both are pretty. Whisper Hollow's cover is intriguing, and Echo Lake's cover is a nice winter scene.

      Thanks for stopping, Leslie.

      Delete
  11. Hi Elizabeth,

    I don't ever knowingly enter a giveaway for a book that I won't want to read, but if one was sent as an unexpected gift, I certainly wouldn't be able to part with it, without reading it first!

    'Whisper Hollow' sounds so good and I also love the cover art. I don't generally go for anything with reigious undertones, however this one has the promise and intrigue of so much more ....

    Thanks for sharing and enjoy the rest of your week.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice surprise, Yvonne, but too much romance for me. I can't do romance books. :)

      I LOVE the cover of Whisper Hollow.

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  12. Whisper Hollow does have a fantastic cover. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it.

      Thanks for stopping, Anna.

      Delete
  13. I didn't get a mailbox post up this week. Enjoy your book. The cover is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Holly.

      I hope you are back next Monday.

      Delete
  14. Whisper Hollow caught my eye. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have a gorgeous cover.

      Thanks for stopping, DeniseF.

      Delete
  15. I met Carla Neggers at a book signing a few years ago where the turnout was 2! She grciously spent an hour chatting with us :) Not all bestselling authors would do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice gesture. Very gracious.

      ENJOY your reading week, and thanks for stopping, stacybuckeye.

      Delete