Monday, January 26, 2015

Mailbox Monday - 1/26/15

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
***************
I hope you had a good mailbox.  My mailbox was nice and lean.  :)
***************
On Wednesday, January 21, I received:

1.  THE SECRETS OF MIDWIVES by Sally Hepworth, courtesy of Katie Bassel of St. Martin's.

This was a very nice surprise.  Katie sent me the finished copy in hard back.  

Katie had sent me the ARC for my review which will be on my blog on February 10.

I enjoyed the book.  I hope you can stop back on February 10 to see my review and to see if you may want to read the book.
***************
 How about your mailbox?   

Any titles in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?
***************






25 comments:

  1. How was your mailbox?

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this one. I added one cowboy romance and some Kindle freebies to my TBR Pile. You can check them out at http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2015/01/mailbox-monday-january-26.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read the book. I truly enjoyed it.

      Thanks for stopping, Cheryl.

      Delete
  3. This is a new one to me, but I definitely like the sound of it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very good read.

      Thanks for stopping, Shoshanah.

      Delete
  4. This is new to me but sounds very interesting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good read.

      Thanks for stopping, Elysium.

      Delete
  5. I hope you enjoy your new book; I think I saw a few others with the same book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good read.

      Thanks for stopping, Serena.

      Yes...I saw it on other blogs too.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It is a good women's fiction read

      Thanks for stopping, Tribute Books Mama.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It was good. I had the ARC.

      Thanks for stopping, Carol.

      Delete
  8. I am using Evernote to keep my list and things cleaned up and what going to be getting done and my reading list again. Though it stacked high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Evernote.

      I hear you about the reading list. Mine is forever growing. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Lindsay.

      Delete
  9. Looking forward to your review of this book, Elizabeth. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I hope you can stop back for the review.

      Thanks for stopping today, Mary.

      Delete
  10. Hope you enjoy this one. Nice to have a hard copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the ARC....it was good.

      Thanks for stopping, Harvee.

      Yes...hard copies are very nice even thought I take off the book jacket when I am reading. :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Elizabeth,

    This sounds like an excellent debut novel, which I trust that you enjoyed and I love the cover art.

    Despite the convenience of e-readers and the PC download, it is always so good to receive a 'real' copy of a book, whether it be hardcover or paperback.

    That is why I enter the Goodreads giveaways from time to time, as I have amassed a lovely collection of print copy books, many of which have been author dedicated.

    I look forward to reading your review.

    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    Yvonne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good. I do like the cover.

      I don't like e-readers!! I do like hard copies, but paperbacks are fine too.

      I haven't won anything at Goodreads for a while now. I used to win there all the time.

      Thanks so much for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. It was good.

      Thanks for stopping, Ally R.

      Delete
  13. Ooh, looks like a good one! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite good. If you like women's fiction, it will be a perfect read.

      Thanks for stopping, Anna.

      Delete