Monday, January 5, 2015

Mailbox Monday - 1/5/15

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).    

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.


 *******************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive. 

 ***************
I hope you had a good mailbox.

***************
On December 29, I received these three books from:

1.  DON'T GIVE UP, DON'T GIVE IN by Louis Zamperini and David Rensin.

Going to give this book to a friend.



2.  THE CINDERELLA MURDER by Mary Higgins Clark & Alafair Burke.


Love Mary Higgins Clark.  :)


3.  BETRAYED by Lisa Scottoline.

Her books are AWESOME!!


***************
 How about your mailbox?   

Any titles in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?
***************



28 comments:

  1. Happy First Mailbox Monday of the new year.

    I hope you received a lot of great books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your books. My mom loves Scottoline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is an awesome author. I met her at the BEA. Lovely person.

      Thanks for stopping, Serena.

      Delete
  3. I've never actually read a Mary Higgins Clark book. But maybe I should finally get to her in 2015? Hope you enjoy all your books! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has been around forever. You are probably to young to know her other books. :) They are all good.

      Happy Reading to you too, and thanks for stopping, Shoshanah.

      Delete
  4. My mom is a huge Mary Higgins Clark fan. I'll have to mention that book to her. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read it yet, but I am sure it is good.

      Thanks for stopping, Donna H.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your win! What a great way to start off the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was exciting. I rarely win from the site.

      Thanks for stopping, Pat.

      Delete
  6. I didn't know Louis Zamperini had another book--I really enjoyed Unbroken. What a remarkable man.

    Happy New Year and happy winter reading with your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is winter here. So cold, but only a little bit of snow.

      Thanks for stopping, JaneGS.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy, and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I hope you enjoy The Cinderella Murder...and I hope to read Betrayed this week.

    Your comment on my WP blog was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah on the comment. I may stop back and try again, because the second time around seemed to be the problem. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel. How is your phone?

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  10. Enjoy your books. The Cinderella Murder looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. Great box of books! Looks like I'll have to check out bookreporter.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should. There are a lot of wonderful sections on the site along with contests.

      Thanks for stopping, stacybuckeye.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks, Leslie.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  13. Enjoy your first reads for the New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mystica.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. I haven't heard of Lisa Scottoline but Betrayed sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are all very good. I hope you get to read one or many of them.

      Thanks for stopping, DeniseF.

      Delete
  15. Hi Elizabeth,

    I agree with your comments about Lisa Scottoline and Mary Higgins Clark, although I have never come across the name of Alafair Burke before.

    'The Cinderella Murder' has featured on many blogs over the last few weeks, but it is great that you received all three books as part of a giveaway.

    'Book Reporter' looks like such a great site, although I just don't think that I have the capacity to sign up for anything right now.

    Well Done on your good fortune and enjoy the rest of your week.

    Yvonne :)

    ReplyDelete