Friday, February 6, 2015

Book Beginnings - 2/6/15


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

***************
This week's book beginnings comes from NIGHT, NIGHT, SLEEP TIGHT by Hallie Ephron.

"Arthur Unger slides open the glass door and steps out onto his flagstone patio.  He's had a few drinks but he doesn't feel them.  It's late at night,and though the sky is clear and there is no moon, there are no stars, either."

Night, Night, Sleep Tight is quite good.  

Suspenseful from the first page.  Totally enjoying this book.


What are you reading?

12 comments:

  1. I'd be so upset if the sky was clear yet I couldn't see the moon or the stars! I actually think I prefer moonlight over sunlight! This sounds like a really interesting read and I hope you enjoy it. The cover is very classy! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would stop just by seeing the cover.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this author. Will have to look for this book.

    My Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/02/friday-focus-friday-56-book-beginnings.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good! I love the beginning and I haven't read anything from this author so I'll have to look for this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this one! I'm going over to check out the release date....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the feeling that something is about to interrupt the calm night. I love the book's title and cover.
    My Friday post features ROSE’S GIFT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have felt that way before. Sounds like your off to a good start with that book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On my Book Beginnings post, you mentioned missing "Dear Abby," which IS still being published. I found it online for you:
    http://news.yahoo.com/dear-abby/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love the cover and glad to hear your enjoying it! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a good beginning. Just the correct amount of intrigue to keep one going.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm. I like the blankness of the sky. Sounds subtly sinister.

    ReplyDelete