Monday, February 2, 2015

Mailbox Monday - 2/2/15

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
***************
I hope you had a good mailbox.  My mailbox was nice and lean.  :)
***************
On Monday, January 26, I received:

1.  A KILLING AT THE CREEK by Nancy Allen, courtesy of Andrea Hackett.

***************
 How about your mailbox?   

Any titles in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?
***************









20 comments:

  1. I hope you had a mailbox you were happy about.

    Thanks for stopping, and enjoy this week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It does look scary!!

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a good thriller. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...quite scary.

      Thanks for stopping, Harvee.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Serena, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. That is a book I would be interested in reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look good as well as scary.

      ENJOY your reading week, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  6. The cover sets the tone, I would think. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be good, but scary.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  7. Just looked this one up and it sounds so good. Love the cover. Thanks for visiting The Busy Mom's Daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it sounded pretty good too. Scary title. :)

      I am sure I will enjoy it.

      Thanks for stopping, Cheryl.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful cover and catchy title. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Elizabeth,

    I have been going to reply to this post for some 15 minutes or so, but became so engrossed in checking out the author, that I lost track of time.

    First off, I found out that this is the second book featuring prosecutor Elsie Arnold, so I might need to get hold of the debut novel first and read them in order.

    Next I managed to discover that the author was an Assistant Attorney General and Assistant Prosecutor, who has tried over 30 cases, which is why the books deal with such hard hitting issues as sex offenders and murder by an underage child.

    Last but not least, I discovered that Nancy lived and worked in the 'Ozarks'. Not having a clue where that is, Wikipedia threw up a complete surprise, which kept me reading for an age.

    Definitely an author for my list, what a great find and thanks for sharing.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for doing all that research and for sharing it.

      I am more excited to read this now. The publisher said I didn't have to read them in order. I didn't want to read the first one, though.

      Thanks again, Yvonne, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna.

      Thanks for stopping. I hope you have a good reading week too.

      Delete