Monday, February 9, 2015

Mailbox Monday - 2/9/15

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
***************
I hope you had a good mailbox.   

I like my mailbox this week.   

A lot of interesting titles and surprises!!
***************
On Wednesday, February 4, I received:

1. THE WORLD BEFORE US by Aislinn Hunter, courtesy of Penguin and Shelf Awareness.


On Thursday, February 5, I received:
1.  ONE MILE UNDER by Andrew Gross, courtesy of Katherine Turro of Harper Collins. 
 
2.  A MEMORY OF VIOLETS by Hazel Gaynor, courtesy of Onalee Smith of Harper Collins.
I am so excited to be able to review this book.  I have been wanting to read it.
On Friday, February 6, I received:
1.  GIRL ON THE GOLDEN COIN by Marci Jefferson, courtesy of Katie Bassel of St. Martin's Press.
This was a surprise!!  Thanks, Katie.


***************
 How about your mailbox?   

Any titles in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?
***************

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat.

      My mailbox has been pretty lean so it was a nice surprise to have a few books this week.

      I am reading The Memory Of Violets. I am loving it.

      Thanks for stopping, Pat.

      Delete
  2. I got The World Before Us too. I hope we both love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks interesting doesn't it?

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. What a great mailbox! The two last ones caught my eye. I'll have to look out for your reviews. And how fun that one of your books was a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Memory of Violets has already been started, and I am loving it. Gorgeous cover too.

      Thanks for stopping, Laura.

      Delete
  4. World Before us and Memory of Violets are making the rounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that. Memory of Violets is so good. I am loving it.

      Thanks for stopping, Serena.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous cover on the last one! Hope you enjoy it and the others, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a "cover girl" too. :)

      Gorgeous covers pull me in.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  6. So many great books. I was just reading about Andrew Gross today. Hope you enjoy your haul.

    Thanks for visiting The Busy Mom's Daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl.

      I read one other book by Andrew Gross. It was pretty good. I thought I would give another of his books a try.

      Thanks for stopping, Cheryl.

      Delete
  7. I remember when Girl on the Golden Coin came out I couldn't wait to read it! Of course it hasn't happened yet, but hopefully I'm able to get to it soon. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I will get to it after my current read.

      Thanks for stopping, Shoshanah.

      Delete
  8. Hi Elizabeth,

    All of your titles and authors this week are new to me and to be honest you have such a great slection of genres and storylines, that I just couldn't choose between them ... I want to read them all!!

    I think that probably first prize for both cover art and intriguing storyline, goes to 'A Memory Of Violets', so that will be my choice this week.

    Thanks for sharing and I hope that you enjoy them all.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading A Memory of Violets now and loving it. I'll look forward to your review!

    2 Kids and Tired Books MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...I love it.

      Thanks for stopping, Holly.

      Delete
  10. A Memory of Violets and Girl on the Golden Coin look especially good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am almost done with A Memory of Violets, Anna. I am loving it.

      Great characters and a wonderful storyline.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  11. That's a great mailbox! I hadn't heard of The Girl on the Gold Coin, sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about to start the book today.

      It does look good.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete
  12. Lots of good books. I've read an Andrew Gross mystery and liked it. I'm interested in the Memory of Violets but the covers of The World Before Us and The Girl on the Gold Coin are eye catching too.
    I hope you are enjoying your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew Gross is pretty good.

      I read and reviewed A Memory of Violets. LOVED it. Check out my review if you need more info.

      Thanks for stopping, Martha.

      Delete