Monday, March 16, 2015

Mailbox Monday - 3/16/15

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
***************
I hope you had a good mailbox.

My mailbox was very lean, but I am happy!!
*************** 
On Wednesday, March 11, I received: 

1.  WILDWOOD by Posie Graeme-Evans courtesy of Kathryn Santora of Simon & Schuster. 

I LOVED her book, THE ISLAND HOUSE.  
 

Isn't the cover amazing?  


I started the book, but not really getting into it.  I hope it picks up.  Totally different from The Island House.


***************
How about your mailbox?   

Any titles in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?
***************



26 comments:

  1. Lean mailboxes can be good - catch up time! Enjoy your book, so glad to read you're looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like lean mailboxes.

      Thanks for stopping, samstillreading.

      Delete
  2. I had just one book too. I like the cover on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover. I couldn't get interested in the book, though. :(

      Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cover is great. I love Scotland.

      Thanks for stopping, Pat.

      Delete
  4. Great cover on Wild Wood. Hope you love the novel! I'm off to look it up on GR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was difficult to get into. I actually stopped reading. :(

      Love the cover.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  5. Wildwood does look good! Enjoy and have a great week Elizabeth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, readingdate.

      I wasn't able to read it...plot didn't interest me.

      Thanks for stopping, readingdate.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Love the cover. Love castles.

      Thanks for stopping, Serena.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Love the cover.

      Thanks for stopping, Tribute Books Mama.

      Delete
  8. I hope you love it as much as The Island House!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like it, Kathy.

      I stopped reading. Wasn't able to get interested.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  9. The historical setting sounds interesting... too bad it's a slow start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was something I thought I was going to love because of how much I liked The Island House, but it was too different.

      Thanks for stopping, Leslie.

      Delete
  10. A new series to me. Hope to hear your comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Harvee Lau.

      Didn't continue with the book. :(

      Delete
  11. Hi Elizabeth,

    As I am a bit late posting my comments this week, I just noticed that you didn't finish the book, which is a real shame.

    I did check it out before I scrolled down to comment and have to admit that this probably isn't one for me either, although if you quite liked the idea of the castle on the cover of Wild Wood, check out the even better cover (in my opinion anyway) for the Kindle version ..

    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22608222-wild-wood?from_search=true

    I hope that your next book is much more to your liking.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love castles. I will check out your link.

      I hope my next book is more to my liking too.

      Thanks as always for your wonderful comments and for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  12. Definitely a great cover. I read the synopsis for this one. It sound like something I would like. Hope you end up enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped reading it. :(

      I do love the cover.

      Thanks for stopping, Cheryl.

      Delete
  13. Wild Wood has a gorgeous cover! Hope you love it...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't my cup of tea. :( I was looking forward to it since The Island House was amazing.

      I feel bad telling an author I can't get into their book.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete