Friday, April 10, 2015

Book Beginnings - 4/10/15


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 

***************
This week's book beginnings comes from LITTLE BLACK LIES by Sharon Bolton.


"I believe just about anyone can kill in the right circumstances, given enough motivation.  The question is, am I there yet?  I think I must be.  Because lately, it seems, I've been thinking of little else."

LITTLE BLACK LIES is engrossing. It is a thriller. 

My review will be up on May 19. 
**********

Finished this book last week, but the review won't be up until May 5.

SECOND CHANCE FRIENDS by Jennifer Scott.

Jennifer Scott is also the author of THE ACCIDENTAL BOOK CLUB and THE SISTER SEASON.

I enjoyed this book.  An excerpt from my upcoming review is below.  Does it sound like something you would want to read?

SECOND CHANCE FRIENDS will warm your heart and will have you looking at your friendships and at your family in a whole different light and appreciating what you have.


 ***************
What are you reading?







18 comments:

  1. I don't read thrillers very often. Will have to get back to them soon. I hope you're enjoying this book.
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite good.

      It is a cozy thriller if that is a term. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Sharon's Book Nook.

      Delete
  2. Second Chance Friends is on my TBR pile! Your mystery/thriller looks enticing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second Chance Friends was a great women's fiction read.

      Little Black Lies is very good.

      Thanks for stopping, Harvee Lau.

      Delete
  3. I love thrillers and this one sounds fab. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty good.

      Thanks Claire for stopping.

      Delete
  4. That beginning lets us know right away what this'll be like. Some would say the author was brave or provocative with that beginning!

    Here's my beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty good, Elizabeth.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. The quote from Little Black Lies is a little disturbing! I don't read many thrillers.

    Check out my Friday 56/Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit disturbing, but it actually isn't that bad.

      Some real-life situations occur, but not too bad.

      THANKS for stopping, Stina.

      Delete
  6. Both of your highlighted books look good to me.

    My Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/04/friday-focus-friday-56-book-beginnings_10.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am almost done with Little Black Lies.

      Second Chance Friends was a nice women's fiction read.

      Thanks for stopping, Catherine.

      Delete
  7. This sounds like an intense read! I'm curious about what's going on with the narrator that is having them think so much about murder! Second Chance Friends looks interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't as bad as the beginning makes it out to be. :)

      It was an intense subject, though.

      Second Chance Friends was a wonderful women's fiction.

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete
  8. Intense reading, Elizabeth! I always wonder how you get through so many books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surprise myself too. :)

      I usually only read one a week unless I have some extra time or the book is short.

      Thanks so much for stopping, guiltless reader.

      Delete
  9. I haven't read many thrillers but this sounds really interesting. It is a bit disturbing how murder is all the narrator is thinking about.

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound a bit disturbing, but the book was quite good.

      Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

      Delete