Friday, April 3, 2015

Book Beginnings - 4/3/15


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 

***************
This week's book beginnings comes from SECOND CHANCE FRIENDS by Jennifer Scott.

Jennifer Scott is also the author of THE ACCIDENTAL BOOK CLUB and THE SISTER SEASON.

"The breakfast rush at the Tea Rose Diner typically began at around 6:20 a.m., when the early risers came in for bagels and cream cheese to go, or  English muffins and jam to go."

I enjoyed this book.  I actually finished this book last night, but the review won't be up for a little while.


**********

Finished this book last week, but the review won't be up until April 7.  A few sentences from my review are below the book's cover.

From my review:  

ONE MILE UNDER took a few pages to get interesting, but once it gets going you won't want to put the book down. The ​detailed action was intense, and will have you feeling the fear and sharing the fear of the characters.  The book had me on the edge of my seat.

Any reader who enjoys fast-paced, gripping, page-turning thrillers will definitely enjoy ONE MILE UNDER.
 ***************
What are you reading?




11 comments:

  1. ENJOY your reading weekend.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bagels and cream cheese....my mouth would be watering throughout...LOL.

    Thanks for sharing and enjoy.

    Here's mine: “DID YOU EVER HAVE A FAMILY”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy for sure, Laurel.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  3. Hi there - I love the cover of Second Chance Friends. Hope it was a good read for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good read. Great women's fiction.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  4. The cover appeals to me too. I'm adding it to my list, which is at exactly 900!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like my list. So many books so little time.

      Thanks for stopping, Elizabeth.

      Delete
  5. I just had breakfast and now am wanting some cream cheese ;) Happy Easter, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love cream cheese!! I hope you found some. :)

      Thanks for stopping, guiltless reader.

      Delete
  6. Hi Elizabeth,

    'Second Chance Friend' has a great cover and some excellent first lines, although I'm not convinced it is a book for me!

    I like the idea of the early riser's 6:20am rush, although I would have probablt already been up for an hour by then! My breakfast is generally a glass of orange juice, a bowl of cereal and a mug of hot strong coffee. If we are away I will sometimes have a bagel with cream cheese, although I would probaly confine the muffins with jam to an afternoon tea treat!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think it was going to be for me either, but it turned out to be a good read.

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete