Monday, April 27, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 4/27/15

   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week. 


******************** 
Books Completed Last Week:

THE SOUND OF GLASS by Karen White for a May 21, 2015, post.

I absolutely LOVED this book.

 

An excerpt from my review is below:


THE SOUND OF GLASS is another remarkable, beautiful book by Karen White.  Her descriptions of the characters, the scenes, and the emotions of the characters are very real.

The book kept me wondering just what some of the female characters had to hide and why they were the way they were.

THE SOUND OF GLASS has suspense and mystery as well as touching on the issue of domestic violence.

The characters will grow on you and they grow on each other in a warm, inviting way.  You will need some tissues as this marvelous story wraps up.

I truly enjoyed THE SOUND OF GLASS, and if you have ever read one of Ms. White’s books, you know you will be in for an awesome read. ​


Book Currently Reading: 

THE SECRET LIFE OF VIOLET GRANT by Beatriz Williams  for a Penguin Random House tour in May.


Books Up Next: 

DEATH IN SALEM by Eleanor Kuhns for a June 16, 2015, post


THE BOOK OF SPECULATION by Erika Swyler for a June 23, 2015, post.

 

THE GIRL WROTE IN SILK by Kelli Estes for a July 7, 2015, post.

 
IN THE DARK PLACES by Peter Robinson for an August 8, 2015, post.

   
THE LAST SUMMER AT CHELSEA BEACH by Pam Jenoff for an August 28, 2015 post.  Ms. Jenoff is a favorite author.


DEAD MONEY RUN by J. Frank James for an August 31, 2015, post along with a giveaway for the book.

 
TAHOE GHOST by Todd Borg


HIGH SEAS DARKNESS by Burr B. Anderson

THREE STORY HOUSE by Courtney Miller Santo


GARDEN OF LETTERS by Alyson Richman



THE BEEKEEPER'S BALL by Susan Wiggs




NATCHEZ BURNING by Greg Isles

MADAME PICASSO by Anne Girard


THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR by Joel Dicker


THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor


WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman




THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 

     

How was your reading week?  

14 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by Karen White but I must, this one sounds really good in particular. Love a good women's read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a wonderful women's fiction read. Try her other books also if you like The Sound of Glass.

      They are A Long Time Gone and The Time Between.

      Thanks so much for stopping, Kathryn.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like Karen White is an author to look into.

    Have a great reading week,
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen White is fantastic.

      Thanks for stopping, shelleyrae.

      Delete
  3. Nice! As usual these are all new to me! Hope you enjoy each and every one of them!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to pick up something by Karen White, sounds like this one will be a good place to start. Looking forward to your review of the Beatriz Williams, I have the first one from the series in my queue for this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sound of Glass was very good. ENJOY when you read it. Give her other books a try too.

      I didn't know there was another book in the series by Beatriz Williams.

      Thanks for stopping, OnDBookshelf.

      Delete
  5. The Karen White book is already on my radar and I really want to read it now! Thanks for introducing me to Eleanor Kuhns-- will want to check out more info about her and her series now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will LOVE the Karen White book.

      This will be my first Eleanor Kuhn book.

      Thanks for stopping, Rita.

      Delete
  6. Hi there - A lot of very interesting books. I'll also be reading DEAD MONEY RUN by J. Frank James but it won't be til later.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Diana.

      DEAD MONEY RUN should be good. We can compare notes.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  7. I like the idea of a visual list but I fear no one would ever manage to scroll through the list if I tried it, given how behind I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure we would scroll through the list.

      I like the visual too. Keeps me up to date.

      Thanks for stopping, Kristen.

      Delete