Friday, May 15, 2015

Book Beginnings - 5/15/15


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 

***************
This week's book beginnings comes from UNDER THE SAME BLUE SKY by Pamela Schoenewaldt:


"See?  Here are the men in scarlet jackets with gold braid, the grand stairway with rainbow light, the hall of mirrors where I played.  And look, here's someone carrying me through gardens."

My review will be up on May 28 for a TLC Blog Tour.

********** 
Finished these two books...they were good. 

EYES ON YOU by Kate White.


For me, EYES ON YOU is an intriguing thriller not a gripping one, but it is quite good.

My review will be up on June 8 for a TLC Blog Tour.
 ***************
DEATH IN SALEM by Eleanor Kuhns.


It was a mystery set in the 1700's, and the main character is very likeable.

I enjoyed the book.
*************** 
What are you reading or what have you read?




9 comments:

  1. I hope whatever you are reading is something you truly love.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three books sound like they're stories I'd enjoy.
    My Friday post features DANCING AT THE RASCAL FAIR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you check them out.

      Thanks, Sandra.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed Eyes on You...and I'm curious about Under the Same Blue Sky. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Under The Same Blue Sky is historical fiction.

      I am going to start it this evening...I hope.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  4. Hi - Glad to see you enjoyed Death in Salem. Will you be posting a review, or did I miss it? :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not coming out until June 16, Diane, but I can send the review to you via e-mail if you like.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  5. I love the beginning of Under the Same Blue Sky and doubly so when I realized that I actually have it but had just forgotten about it. Thanks for sharing and the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny you have the book. I do that too, though.

      I totally forget I have a book until someone mentions it.

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete