Monday, May 4, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 5/4/15

   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
 
********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week. 


******************** 
Books Completed Last Week:

THE SECRET LIFE OF VIOLET GRANT by Beatriz Williams for a Penguin Random House tour in May for a celebration of the release of the paperback edition.

A delightful, witty read.  

An excerpt of my review is below. My full review will be up when I hear the requested date for my review from the publisher. 

I have posted my full review on Goodreads, LibraryThing, etc. if you want to stop by.

"​I have no qualms about recommending THE SECRET LIFE OF VIOLET GRANT. You will be entertained by the characters, and will love the secrets of the suitcase and of Aunt Violet.  Who would think a suitcase could cause all this excitement, intrigue, entertainment, and of course a fantastic story?

LOVED this book.  You will get caught up in all of ​Aunt Violet's and ​Vivian’s antics.​  ​

THE SECRET LIFE OF VIOLET GRAND is a truly ​delightful, witty read.​ ​The ending held a secret and surprise of its own. 

Ms. Williams is a marvelous storyteller.  THE SECRET LIFE OF VIOLET GRANT is going to be one of my favorite reads of this year.  5/5"



Book Currently Reading: 

EYES ON YOU by Kate White for a June 8, 2015, post for a TLC Book Blog Tour.


Books Up Next: 


DEATH IN SALEM by Eleanor Kuhns for a June 16, 2015, post


THE BOOK OF SPECULATION by Erika Swyler for a June 23, 2015, post.

 

THE GIRL WROTE IN SILK by Kelli Estes for a July 7, 2015, post.

 
IN THE DARK PLACES by Peter Robinson for an August 8, 2015, post.

   
THE LAST SUMMER AT CHELSEA BEACH by Pam Jenoff for an August 28, 2015 post.  Ms. Jenoff is a favorite author.


DEAD MONEY RUN by J. Frank James for an August 31, 2015, post along with a giveaway for the book.

 
TAHOE GHOST by Todd Borg


HIGH SEAS DARKNESS by Burr B. Anderson

THREE STORY HOUSE by Courtney Miller Santo


GARDEN OF LETTERS by Alyson Richman



THE BEEKEEPER'S BALL by Susan Wiggs




NATCHEZ BURNING by Greg Isles

MADAME PICASSO by Anne Girard


THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR by Joel Dicker


THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor


WOMAN OF ILL FAME by Erika Mailman




THE SIGNATURE OF ALL THINGS by Elizabeth Gilbert



PERFECT by Rachel Joyce


UNDER THE WIDE AND STARRY SKY by Nancy Horan


********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2014.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 

     

How was your reading week?  




29 comments:

  1. I'll definitely be back in July to see what you think of the Girl Who Wrote in Silk - it sounds like my kind of book!

    My It's Monday post is here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to reading The Girl Who Wrote In Silk. The title itself pulls you in.

      Thanks for stopping, Brona Joy.

      Delete
  2. Violet Grant sounds great - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was VERY good. I hope you get a chance to read it.

      Thanks for stopping, samstillreading.

      Delete
  3. Oh nice! Those are all new to me! Hope you have a great week!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an interesting assortment of books. I have read a couple by Kate White and enjoyed them. I'll be eager to hear what you think of the one on your stack. Here is my Monday Report. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started it last night. It seems as though it will be good.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  5. The Secret Life of Violet Grand sOunces like a fun read :)
    Have a great week, Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good...comical and serious at the same time.

      Thanks for stopping, shelleyrae.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed Eyes on You...hope you have a great week! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear Eyes on You is good.

      Thanks, Laurel, and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Eyes on You was a good read. I've had The Secret Life of Violet Grant sitting on my stacks for way too long now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear another good comment about Eyes on You. THANKS.

      I loved The Secret Life of Violet Grant. I hope you read it soon. I had it on my shelf since last year. I won it in a contest, but never got to read it until now. I think you will like it.

      Thanks for stopping, Nise.

      Delete
  8. Death in Salem looks really intriguing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. I found out it is a series. I hope that it can be a stand alone.

      I am sure it will be good no matter what.

      Thanks for stopping, janceereads.

      Delete
  9. I've put the Beatriz Williams book into my wish list at audible, sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good, Kathryn.

      ENJOY when you read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathryn.

      Delete
  10. Hi there - Love your list of books! I'm currently reading Dark Southern Sun by Shaun McLaughlin
    and BITE by Nick Louth.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dark Southern Sun sounds quite good.

      Thanks about my list of books...I like the visual list. I also have an Excel list too, but that is boring. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read an excerpt of The Secret Life of Violet Grant. I'm hooked! Definitely adding it to my reading pile.

    Yvonne
    http://adarngoodread.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you. I love when my reviews "sell" someone on reading the book. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  13. I can't keep up with you! You have a long list of books, but they all look very interesting. Everyone is loving your review of Violet Grant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiling about everyone's loving my review...thank you.

      I hope everyone stops back for the full review.

      Thanks for stopping, Debbie.

      Delete
  14. I'm actually drooling over your book line-up :)
    Love your review excerpt for The Secret Life of Violet Grant ... a favourite for the year. I'm putting it on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teddyree. I like the visual view of all of the books. :)

      You will love the Violet Grant book. Let me know what you think when you read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Teddyree.

      Delete
  15. Lots of good books here to check out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy with all of these books.

      Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

      Delete