Monday, June 29, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 6/29/15

   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
********************
This is a weekly meme run by Book Journey!
 

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week.
***************
Books Completed Last Week:

I finished three books last week.

That is unusual for me.  Lots of time waiting in doctor's offices.  :)

A PARIS APARTMENT by Michelle Gable for a June 30, 2015, post and giveaway. That is tomorrow.  :)


An excerpt from my review is below:

"​A PARIS APARTMENT is based on a real apartment and a real person.  Ms. Gable did a great deal of research and weaves the story so masterfully that you don't even know it is history, but it definitely revealed a wonderful hidden part of Paris.

For a debut novel, the writing ​and storyline were marvelous.  A PARIS APARTMENT has beautiful, descriptive writing, and the journals made it oh so good."

 
************
EIGHT HUNDRED GRAPES by Laura Dave, for a June 29, 2015, post and BOOK AND MUG GIVEAWAY.


That is today!!  I hope you enter.  :)

An excerpt from my review is below:

"Did you know it takes eight hundred grapes to make one bottle of wine?

That ​apparently is the best-kept secret of wine makers just like there were a lot of secrets the Ford family and other characters were not revealing.

EIGHT HUNDRED GRAPES was an easy, enjoyable read."


************

A NECESSARY END by Holly Brown for a July 7, 2015 post.


An excerpt from my review is below:

"A NECESSARY END was a gripping psychological thriller with characters that were well developed and ones that I wanted to shake and tell to wake up and see what actually was going on.  There was a good deal of betrayal as well as manipulation.

If you enjoy books with characters you d​on't trust from the start and a gut feeling that all isn't as it really seems A NECESSARY END is a book you won't want to miss.  The ending revelations are definitely a surprise and not what I expected."


Book Currently Reading:


MAUD'S LINE by Margaret Verbie for a July 14, 2015 post.

 

Books Up Next:

FLAME TREE ROAD by Shona Patel, for a July 8, 2015 post.

 

IN THE DARK PLACES by Peter Robinson for an August 8, 2015, post.

   
WATER FROM THE HEART by Charles Martin for an August 13, 2015, post.


SOMEDAY HOME by Lauraine Snelling for an August 14, 2015, post.


DARKNESS THE COLOR OF SNOW by Thomas Cobb for an August 18, 2015, post.

 

WE NEVER ASKED FOR WINGS by Vanessa Diffinbaugh for an August 18, 2015, post.

 

THE FALL OF PRINCES by Robert Goolrick for an August 25, 2015, post.

 

THE LAST SUMMER AT CHELSEA BEACH by Pam Jenoff for an August 28, 2015 post.  Ms. Jenoff is a favorite author.


DEAD MONEY RUN by J. Frank James for an August 31, 2015, post along with a giveaway for the book.

 
THE LAST SEPTEMBER by Nina De Gramont for a September 14, 2015, post.



HOUSE OF THIEVES by Charles Belfoure for a September 15, 2015, post.


THE MURALIST by B. A. Shapiro for a November 3, 2015, post.


TAHOE GHOST by Todd Borg


HIGH SEAS DARKNESS by Burr B. Anderson
..
THREE STORY HOUSE by Courtney Miller Santo


.....
GARDEN OF LETTERS by Alyson Richman



THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor

********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  They are books into and including all of 2015 and 2016.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.  A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel lists. 


How was your reading week?  





15 comments:

  1. I had a great reading week last week.

    I hope you did too.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you aren't stuck in Doctor 's offices for too long!

    Have a great week,
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have three doctor appointments this week too.

      I guess more reading done. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Shelleyrae.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Those are all totally new to me reads! Hope you enjoyed and enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you read some interesting books. I'm glad your time in waiting rooms wasn't a total loss. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...nope...not a loss at all.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  5. Eight Hundred Grapes and A Necessary End both sound very interesting. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie.

      They were good reads.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  6. I'm currently reading BUM RAP by Paul Levine. It's my first book by him, but I'm pretty sure it won't be my last.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know him. Good to hear you are enjoying the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  7. You have read a lovely selection of books in the past week, hope you enjoy this weeks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....I totally agree, Kathryn.

      I really enjoyed all of these books.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Waiting rooms are a great place to read. Hope this week is another great one for reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nise. I hope it is for me and for you.

      Waiting rooms are definitely a great place to read.

      Thanks for stopping, Nise.

      Delete