Monday, June 8, 2015

Mailbox Monday - 6/8/15

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.

Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
***************
I hope you had a good mailbox.

GIVEAWAY OF CITIZENS CREEK. 

GO HERE TO ENTER.

USA ONLY

GIVEAWAY OPEN UNTIL JUNE 10.

I received some awesome books this week. 
***************
On Tuesday, May 26, while I was in New York waiting for start of the BEA, I received:

1.  FLAME TREE ROAD by Shona Patel, courtesy of Emer Flounders of Harlequin.

This was a surprise book.

 

On Saturday, May 30, while I was in New York at the BEA, I received: 

1.  DEATH IN SALEM by Eleanor Kuhns, courtesy of Hector DeJean, of St. Martin's.

 

Hector previously sent me the ARC of DEATH IN SALEM, and I now received a surprise hard back copy.  :)

DEATH IN SALEM was good, and my review will be up on June 16.

I also was able to meet Hector in person at the St. Martin's booth.  :)

On Wednesday, June 3, I received:

1.  TINY LITTLE THING by Beatriz Williams, courtesy of Katie McKee and Lauren Truskowski of Penguin Randomhouse. 



What is funny is that I actually received TWO copies of TINY LITTLE THING on the same day.   

One copy came in the US Mail and the other arrived via UPS.  :)

I believe I won one of the books on a Shelf Awareness Giveaway and then also received one from the publisher.

I will share with a friend.

On Friday, June 5, I received:

1.  DOLLBABY by Laura Lane McNeal, courtesy of Kristin Matzen of Penguin Random House.


On Saturday, June 6, I received:

I met Debra Linn at the Speed Dating Event at the BEA, and she sent me these three books.

1.  THE MURALIST by B. A. Shapiro, courtesy of Debra Linn of Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill.



2.  THE FALL OF PRINCES by Robert Goolrick, courtesy of Debra Linn of Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill.


3.  THE LAST SEPTEMBER by Nina De Gramont, courtesy of Debra Linn of Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill.


4.  A PARIS APARTMENT by Michelle Gable, courtesy of Katie Bassel of St. Martin's Press.
This was a surprise.

***************
 How about your mailbox?   

Any titles in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?
***************





23 comments:

  1. I hope you had a good mailbox.

    Have a wonderful reading week.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny about getting the same book delivered on the same day! Hope you enjoy all your new books. I'm curious about the new Beatriz Williams novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was funny.

      I am almost done with it. It is a good beach read with a bit of mystery.

      I am enjoying it. My review won't be up until June 23, though.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous mailbox! Tiny Little Thing and The Muralist both look fantastic! The author of Dollbaby is coming here later this summer so I hope to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy with my mailbox. Lots of goodies.

      Tiny Little Thing is good. I almost done.

      I am reading Dollbaby next. Nice the author will be in your town. We don't get too many authors in Pittsburgh.

      I saw The Muralist at the Speed Dating event.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  4. You had a great week! All are new to me so I'll be checking them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was excited. I didn't think I would be getting any books after the BEA. Figured everyone was busy.

      Thanks for stopping, Vicki.

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to get my hands on Tiny Little Thing! I picked up The Muralist at BEA (I really liked The Art Forger, her previous book). Doll-baby was one I read last summer (I believe the paperback is due to arrive soon), I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like Tiny Little Thing, OnDBookshelf.

      The Muralist was not on my table at the BEA so I asked the publisher as I mentioned. I never did get to read The Art Forger. The Muralist sounds VERY good. I hope we both enjoy it.

      They must be doing a tour for the paperback release. I think I will like the book.

      Thanks for stopping, OnDBookshelf.

      Delete
  6. Nice book haul! I'll be watching for your review of DEATH IN SALEM on June 16. I've been very curious about this book.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a recurring character but I had no trouble following the book.

      Will be looking for your comments when my review goes live.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  7. Enjoy your books! I liked Dollbaby and I'm curious about Tiny Little Thing.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be starting Dollbaby after I complete Tiny Little Thing.

      Tiny Little Thing is good.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  8. Wow, two of the same book. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...isn't that great.

      My friend is quite happy.

      Thanks for stopping, Serena.

      Delete
  9. I really enjoyed Dollbaby. Looking forward to Tiny Little Things. Great bunch of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished TINY LITTLE THING. Very good...the ending is great!! :)

      I am about to start Dollbaby...good to hear you enjoyed it. I am sure I will too.

      Thanks for stopping, Nise.

      Delete
  10. They all look fantastic. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited about the titles.

      Thanks for stopping, Anna.

      Delete
  11. Great book week! Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori.

      I am quite happy with the books I received last week.

      Thanks for stopping, Lori.

      Delete
  12. Nice week. I have Tiny Little Thing in audio. Romance isn't my thing but I do enjoy historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't too romancy. There is a lot of family drama.

      Thanks for stopping, Leslie.

      Delete