Friday, July 10, 2015

Book Beginnings - 7/10/15


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 


***************
My book beginnings is taken from IN THE DARK PLACES by Peter Robinson:

"Terry Gilchrist came out of the woods opposite the large hangar, which loomed ahead of him like some storage area for crashed alien spaceships in New Mexico.  Only he wasn't in New Mexico; he was in North Yorkshire.

Blurbs on the back cover are comparing the author to Michael Connelly, Jo Nesbo, Louise Penny, Elizabeth George, and Ian Rankin.

I am enjoying the book so far. 
************
I finished these books last week. I just finished FLAME TREE ROAD LAST NIGHT.
 
FLAME TREE ROAD by Shona Patel.


Review is in the book's title. 
 ************

MAUD'S LINE by Margaret Verble.

My full review will go live on my blog on July 14.


MAUD'S LINE is set on a Cherokee allotment in Oklahoma.

It is well written, and I enjoyed the characters even though some of them did crazy things at times. 

The cover pulled me in, and then the storyline did the rest.  :)
**************
What are you reading or what have you read?




10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed my past few weeks of reading. Well...I always enjoy what I read. :)

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Dark Places sounds like a page-turner. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE PERFECT SON”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a murder investigation right now and an investigation of a stolen tractor. :)

      I like the main character.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Cora Linn.

      It's not a bad read so far. Only 50 pages into the book.

      Delete
  4. sounds good, wondering what you'll think by the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am now on Page 100....it is quite good.

      Thanks for stopping, Irene.

      Delete
  5. That certainly makes me want to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty good, JC Jones.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  6. Can't wait to see your review of MAUD'S LINE. I really like the sound of it.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete