Friday, July 3, 2015

Book Beginnings - 7/3/15


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 


***************
My book beginnings is taken from MAUD'S LINE by Margaret Verble.

My full review will go live on my blog on July 14.


MAUD'S LINE is set on a Cherokee allotment in Oklahoma.

It is well written, and I enjoyed the characters even though some of them did crazy things at times. 

I am enjoying the book.  The cover pulled me in, and then the storyline did the rest.  :)
************
I finished these three books over the past two weeks and thoroughly enjoyed them.

A NECESSARY END by Holly Brown.  Review is in the book's title.

I couldn't put it down.

It is a psychological thriller.
************
Giveaway FROM 
June 30 to July 7
Click on the title for the review and giveaway link. 

A PARIS APARTMENT by Michelle Gable.




I enjoyed the book....terrific research.
**************
I LOVED DOLLBABY.  Review is in the book's title.

**************
What are you reading or what have you read?

17 comments:

  1. Happy Fourth Of July!!

    ENJOY your books and your celebration.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Doll Baby. Your other recently read books also look interesting. Happy 4th!

    My Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/07/friday-focus-friday-56-book-beginnings.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed them all.

      DollBaby was wonderful.

      Thanks for stopping, Catherine.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these, but I do love a good reading spell. Thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading spells are good. :)

      Thanks for stopping back, Lisa.

      Delete
  4. I am curious about Maud's Line...and A Necessary End is on my wish list.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like Maud's Line.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. I have seen Doll-baby floating around and it does sound promising.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very good, Lauren.

    I hope you get to read it.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great selection of books this week! I'm really looking forward to reading Paris Apartment. I can't resist books about people sorting through old stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....I agree. Love finding old things.

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete
  8. Hi - I had not realized that Maud's Line was historical fiction set in 1928. It looks very interesting.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was interesting to learn about the Maud's life.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  9. Love the covers of these books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Now following via Bloglovin :)

    Cheryl @ I ♥ Fictional People

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love covers. These are nice.

      Thanks for stopping and following, I Heart Fictional People.

      Delete
  10. Hoping you had a lovely weekend! Great covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Romance Reader.

      I had a good weekend. I hope you did too.

      Delete