Monday, July 27, 2015

Mailbox Monday - 7/27/15

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.
Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
***************
I hope you had a good mailbox.

My mailbox contains books from two weeks.  I was away the week before. 
***************
On Monday, July 13, I received:

1.  THE SUMMER OF GOOD INTENTIONS by Wendy Francis, courtesy of Ebony LaDelle of Simon & Schuster.

Stop by my blog tomorrow, July 28, for a review and giveaway of this book.  It was good.
   

On Wednesday, July 15, I received:

1.  STARLIGHT ON WILLOW LAKE by Susan Wiggs, courtesy of Shara Alexander of Harper Collins. This was a surprise book.

On Friday, July 17, I received:

1.  THE AXEMAN by Ray Celestin, courtesy of Lathea Williams of Sourcebooks.  


On Tuesday, July 21, I received:

1.  THE PROMISE OF HOME by Darcie Chan, courtesy of Maggie Oberrender of The Random House Publishing Group.
 

On Wednesday, July 22, I received:

1.  ALL THE SINGLE LADIES by Dorothea Benton Frank, courtesy of Reading Group Guides.


I received 10 copies to share with friends.


On Friday, July 24, I received:

1.  TAHOE BLUE FIRE by Todd Borg, courtesy of the author.


I always enjoy Mr. Borg's books.

2.  NEWPORT by Jill Morrow, courtesy of Amelia Wood of Harper Collins.
***************
 How about your mailbox?   

Any titles in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?
***************


23 comments:

  1. Newport looks great, a wonderful lot of new books for your blog birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)

      I never thought of that, samstillreading. Lots of birthday presents. :)

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  2. Nice mailbox! I bet your book club will love All the Single Ladies. My book club just read her last book and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy her books.

      Were you with us that day we met her at a restaurant after the BEA? I think it was two years ago.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. All of those look like great summer reads - hoping to read Newport for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy with all of them.

      THE SUMMER OF GOOD INTENTIONS was quite good.

      Review up tomorrow.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  4. I'm reading (and enjoying!) All the Single Ladies right now. I hope you love all your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Benton Frank always writes good books.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  5. Great book haul. It's always nice to receive a surprise book. STARLIGHT ON WILLOW LAKE by Susan Wiggs looks like a good read. Hope you enjoy NEWPORT by Jill Morrow. I read and reviewed it recently. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straighforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So tell me about NEWPORT. I actually will go on your blog and look. I may have seen it, but didn't look closely since I didn't have the book. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  6. I received Newport , can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks good...we can compare notes.

      Thanks for stopping, Tribute Books Mama.

      Delete
  7. Would like to grab "Newport." Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Topazshell.

      Nice to see you stopped by...thanks.

      Delete
  8. So glad you shared your photos. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, and thanks for stopping, Topazshell.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing your books! I saw 2 books on your list I have seen from other bloggers on the Mailbox Monday linky!!!! I have asked Netgalley for a book or two from your list. New to the meme so trying to say hi to all on the linky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful you are new, Tammy.

      I hope you join us every week.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  10. Great you have joined the meme. It is a great deal of fun.

    Thanks for stopping, and happy reading, Tammy.

    I hope to see you every week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must have been pleased to have so many books when you came back from vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....it was fun.

      Thanks for stopping, Serena.

      Delete
  12. Hi Elizabeth,

    There were a couple of books I could have picked out to add to my own 'Want To Read' list, however they were all latest parts in well established series, so I couldn't be certain that they would be stand alone stories.

    Instead, I chose 'The Summer Of Good Intentions' for myself. I don't tend to enjoy too many contemporary romantic sagas myself, however this storyline is really intriguing, not too slushy and I love the cover art :)

    Thanks for sharing and I hope that all is well with you.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will enjoy THE SUMMER OF GOOD INTENTIONS. I am like you...I really don't like romantic sagas, but this wasn't really romantic.

      It was more a family saga. :)

      I hope you enjoy the book if you read it, Yvonne.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete