Friday, August 21, 2015

Book Beginnings - 8/21/15


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 

***************
My book beginnings is taken from WATER FROM MY HEART by Charles Martin.


"I throttled down through Stiltsville, the reflection of the moon shimmering off Biscayne Bay.  I loved this time of night. Behind me, a dark unlit boat slipped into my wake.  I'd been watching her on radar.  Been expecting them."

I enjoy Charles Martin's books.
***********
I finished these books last week.

A CURIOUS BEGINNING by Deanna Raybourn.



It is a good mystery with odd characters.  :)  My review will be up on September 30.
**************
THE SECRETS OF LAKE ROAD by Karen Katchur.

 

It was a good mystery with revelations that will surprise you.

My review will be up on August 31.
**************
What are you reading or what have you read?

23 comments:

  1. Happy Friday, Happy Reading.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Water from my Heart' sounds like a really interesting book. I love the description of the night and the boat, it's beautiful! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty good.

      Thanks for stopping, Juli.

      Delete
  3. Nice beginning. I enjoyed A Curious Beginning too and look forward to more in the series. My Friday memes this week come from What Angels Fear by C. S. Harris which has been on my TBR mountain for years. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read this author before, but Water for the Heart sounds very interesting.

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is good.

      Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like someone is following. I wonder why.

    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Water from My Heart sounds excellent, Elizabeth. Have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good so far.

      Thanks for stopping, Suko.

      Delete
  7. Great excerpt! I read a book set in that area...called Stiltsville, in fact.

    Thanks for sharing and here's MY BOOKISH FRIDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must be a popular town. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  8. I haven't read any books by Martin but this looks interesting. I like the feel of the beginning. I'm really curious about the Deanna Raybourn book. I've really enjoyed the books I've read by her in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop back for my review later this month.

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete
  9. What else has Charles Martin written? I recognize the name but can't place him with a book.

    My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has written Unwritten, Thunder and Rain, The Dead Don't Dance.

      I have read Unwritten and Thunder and Rain. Both were very good.

      Thanks for stopping, Anne.

      Delete
  10. Charles Martin is new to me. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you give one of his books a try.

      Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

      Delete
  11. Since I lived in South Florida for many years, I know I'd enjoy the setting of Water From My Heart. Stiltsville is definitely a unique place, and it would be fun to read a book set in that area.
    My Friday post features Key to Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty good so far.

      Thanks for stopping, Sandra.

      Delete
  12. I really like the way WATER FROM MY HEART starts out. Gives the reader something to watch for at the very beginning. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only read about 50 pages.

      It isn't bad, but I am still not sure what is going on. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete