Monday, August 24, 2015

Mailbox Monday - 8/24/15

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.
Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
***************
I hope you had a good mailbox.
***************
On Monday August 17, I received:

1. THE GATES OF RUTHERFORD by Elizabeth Cooke, courtesy of Danielle Dill of Penguin Random House.

 
On Wednesday, August 19, I received:
1.  SUMMER AT HIDEAWAY KEY by Barbara Davis, courtesy of Danille Dill of Penguin Random House.

***************
 How about your mailbox?   

Any titles in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?
***************






19 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to both of these books.

    Thanks for stopping, and I hope your mailbox was goo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Pat, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  3. Pretty books! Summer at Hideaway Key looks like a good beach read. Enjoy, Elizabeth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy the author's books.

      Thanks for stopping, readingdate.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your books! Summer at Hideaway Key sounds like a wonderful book for the summer season.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look good.

      I enjoyed her other book THE WISHING TIDE a lot.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy, Elizabeth. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  6. Hi, Elizabeth - I hope you enjoy them both!
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane, and thank you for stopping.

      Delete
  7. Hi Elizabeth,

    Two great sounding books, both of which would look good on my 'Want To Read' list, should I temporarily lose the willpower to say 'no more!'

    Perhaps my ever lengthening list could stand it if I only chose one to add, in which case it would have to be 'The Gates Of Rutherford', as historical fiction will always win out of its contemporary counterpart.

    Both are new to me authors, so thanks for sharing.

    It seems like ages since we last spoke, so I hope that all is well with you. It looks as though summer is definitely drawing to a close here. We have had a couple of days of nothing but torrential rain and falling temperatures. It doesn't seem set to improve much this week, which is not good news as it is a summer bank holiday weekend here, which always falls on the last Monday in August, just before the children return to school.

    Have a good week and enjoy your reading :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an ever-lengthening list that will last me for years. :)

      Summer is drawing to a close here too. I want the 90-degree days back. :) We are in the 70's.

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  8. The Gates of Rutherford looks good to me.
    I hope you have a lovely week and good reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover of The Gates of Rutherford. I am looking forward to reading the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Martha.

      Delete
  9. Happy reading. I haven't read Any of the Rutherford series yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is ok as a stand alone. This will be my first one also.

      Thanks for stopping, Serena.

      Delete
  10. Summer At Hideaway Key sounds good and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is quite nice.

      I always enjoy her books. I am looking forward to reading her newest.

      Thanks for stopping, Vicki.

      Delete