Friday, September 11, 2015

Book Beginnings - 9/11/15


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 

***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE PARIS KEY by Juliet Blackwell.

 

"Her uncle Dave always used to say, "Remember the locksmiths' code, Genevieve.  Never reveal the secrets you find behind locked doors, and never - ever - abuse the power to pick a lock.
The book is marvelous...I am really enjoying it. 
The cover is enough to pull you in.
***********
I finished these books the last two weeks.

SUMMER AT HIDEAWAY KEY by Barbara Davis.  Review is in the book's title.
LOVED this book just like all of her books.  
**********
HOUSE OF THIEVES by Charles Belfoure.

Another excellent read by Mr. Belfoure.

I am waiting to hear from the publisher about the requested date for my review post. 

If you enjoyed his book, THE PARIS ARCHITECT, you will also enjoy HOUSE OF THIEVES.

*******************

What are you reading or what have you read?

28 comments:

  1. Enjoy the book you are reading.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that first sentence to pull a reader in. Fun to read, a booger to write. LOve the one from the Paris Key. I was in Paris this summer, so this book sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH....you will love it then. It makes you feel as if you are in Paris tasting the great breads, cheese and wine. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Em-Musing.

      Delete
  3. I love the sound of The Paris Key...great excerpt!

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “ALL THE SUMMER GIRLS”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good.

      Thanks for stopping, Laure.

      Delete
  4. All the books you have shared look like good reads. So many good books and so little time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....so many more I need and want to read, but little time is right.

      Thanks for stopping, Linda.

      Delete
  5. Its an eye-catching cover. Glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying it. Learning a bit about locksmithing too. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  6. I've really enjoyed other books by Blackwood and really can't wait to read this series. Though you're right - the cover would really draw me in even if I wasn't familiar with the author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good. I never read any books by her.

      Thanks for stopping, Katherine.

      Delete
  7. Hi,
    They all sound like great books. Love the cover of The Paris Key. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover too. So pretty.

      Thanks for stopping, Sherrie.

      Delete
  8. Great advice. If you're a locksmith.. lol.
    Love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a fun statement.

      Thanks for stopping, fredamans.

      Delete
  9. Oh, I missed Book Beginnings today. Had a terrible PC issue. Now I'm back. Maybe I'll get my 'beginning' post up tomorrow morning. :)
    Very promising beginning to THE PARIS KEY.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are back. Computers are wonderful until they don't want to work. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  10. You are on a Paris kick. I need to find a good one to get me started. What is your favorite Paris book? My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..seems to be that way, huh?

      Oooo...difficult question, but I am going to go with A PARIS APARTMENT by Michelle Gable.

      THE PARIS KEY is pretty good too.

      Thanks for stopping, Anne.

      Delete
    2. If you like WWII books, read THE PARIS ARCHITECT. Excellent read.

      His new book, HOUSE OF THIEVES is quite good too.

      Delete
    3. OK. You got me. I think I will look into the Paris Apartment. Thanks.

      Delete
  11. That quote from the Paris key sounds great! It really has you wondering - draws you in straight away! I'm glad you're enjoying it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the book this morning.

      If you have never been to Paris, this book will make you want to go. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Amy.

      Delete
  12. Lovin the cover. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous?

      I finished the book, and loved it.

      Thanks for stopping, Sherry.

      Delete
  13. I think I'd like to read The Paris Key...thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good.

      Stop by tomorrow for the review.

      Thanks for stopping, Catherine.

      Delete