Monday, September 7, 2015

Mailbox Monday - 9/7/15

 
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do).

Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles, and humongous wish lists!

Mailbox Monday, created by Marcia @ A Girl and Her Books, has a permanent home now at Mailbox Monday.
 *****************
Every week Mailbox Monday will have a new linky posted for our Mailbox Monday links at Marcia's Mailbox Monday blog.
Here’s a shout out to the new administrators:

Leslie of Under My Apple Tree 
Vicki of I’d Rather Be at the Beach
Serena @ Savvy Verse And Wit 

THANKS to everyone for keeping Mailbox Monday alive.
***************
I hope you had a good mailbox.

My mailbox was empty, but I have plenty of books to keep me busy.
*************** 
On Monday, September 2, I received:

1.  LOU MALLOY THE RUN BEGINS by J. Frank James, courtesy of the publisher.

I read Mr. James' other book DEAD MONEY RUN.  

It was good.  

Review is in the book's title.

On Friday, September 4, I received:

1. NIGHT BLINDNESS by Susan Strecker, courtesy of Katie Bassel of St. Martin's Press.

It was a surprise book.


***************

 How about your mailbox?   

Any titles in your mailbox that you were excited about seeing?
***************

28 comments:

  1. Night Blindness looks really good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the title.

      Thanks for stopping Kathy.

      Delete
  2. Night Blindness was a surprise arrival for me too! Have a great week, Elizabeth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great you received the book too as a surprise.

      Thanks for stopping, readingdate.

      Delete
  3. One of the books in my mailbox was a surprise. That's always fun. I hope you enjoy the books you're reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like surprise books.

      I am enjoying House of Thieves.

      Thanks for stopping, Mary.

      Delete
  4. I just saw Night Blindness on Amazon Vine...and paused for a minute. Intrigued. Maybe I'll go back!

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds interesting. I just hope it isn't too much romance.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  5. Night Blindness caught my eye too.
    Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Martha.

      I hope it is good.

      Delete
  6. What a nice looking cover on Night Blindness. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2015/09/mailbox-monday-september-7.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Cheryl.

      I hope it is a good read. I like surprise books, and most of the time they turn out better than expected.

      Delete
  7. I've seen Night Blindness a few times today.
    Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen it a few times too.

      Thanks for stopping, Vicki.

      Delete
  8. A new crime series; very cool! :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the second one first. :)

      This one is only 50 pages. Dead Money Run is the next one and is good.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  9. Hi Elizabeth,

    Whilst I'm not too sure that 'Night Blindness' is going to be one for me, I have to agree with fellow commenters, about the eye-catching cover art.

    I too have read and enjoyed 'Dead Money Run', although I have yet to post my final review. I must have missed the publication of your review also, so I am off to find that link again and follow through on it.

    Happy Reading and have a good week :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure about it either, but I think it is mystery. I just hope not too much romance.

      But, I thought The Secrets of Lake Road was going to be a romance, but it was a murder/mystery. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  10. I love the header for your blog - Scotland is a place I have always wanted to go. Maybe someday.
    This was my first hook up with Mailbox Monday and I am glad I met you and other bookish people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Scotland. I hope you get to go some day.

      Welcome to Mailbox Monday...it is such a fun meme and one that helps your TBR stack grow. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Tina.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol, and thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  12. Some new titles for me. Pretty cover on Night Blindness. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Leslie.

      I like the cover too.

      Delete
  13. I love surprise books. St Martin's Press do great books, Night Blindness looks to be no exception.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. St. Martin's does have some pretty good books.

      Thanks for stopping, samstillreading.

      Delete
  14. Surprise books are the best! Nice cover, too. Enjoy your reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are. I enjoy them. Most have been good surprises. A few were not my genre.

      Thanks for stopping, Kay.

      Delete