Friday, October 16, 2015

Book Beginnings - 10/16/15


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

***************
My book beginnings is taken from TAHOE BLUE FIRE by Todd Borg:


"The big rotary snowblower was parked in the dark at the side of the road where the shoulder had been cleared of snow.  The unusual snow removal machine was one of the huge ones, built on a double-engine chassis, designed for clearing highways."

"Three kills.  Maybe four or five. Three people were in the way.  People who deserved to die."

How about beginning? 

I always enjoy Mr. Borg's books.  Looking forward to this read.

Mystery and murder at its best.

***********

I finished these books the last two weeks.  Both were very good.


DARKNESS THE COLOR OF SNOW by Thomas Cobb.
 


CHANCE HARBOR by Holly Robinson.


LOVED the book.  Family saga with lots of secrets.  :)

 Review is in the book's title.

*******************

What are you reading or what have you read?


6 comments:

  1. Oh my word! It gets you thinking. It's quite a shocking opening, isn't it? It makes me wonder if the dead bodies are inside the snow machine (they probably are), and why they deserved to die! Great BB :D
    Thank you for sharing,
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This starts out fast making the reader very curious. Cool! :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I would keep reading, the beginning is great. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am definitely wondering what is happening. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great opening. I like the Lake Tahoe setting too. Sounds like a book I'd like.
    My Friday post features The Beach Walkers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - great beginning...makes me wonder whose viewpoint we are getting and what the people did to deserve getting killed. New to me author too. Here's My Book Beginning & Friday 56

    ReplyDelete