Friday, October 30, 2015

Book Beginnings - 10/30/15


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE LAKE HOUSE by Kate Morton:


"The rain was heavy now and the hem of her dress was splattered with mud. She'd have to hide it afterwards; no one could know that she'd been out.  Clouds covered the moon, a stroke of luck she didn't deserve, and she made her way through the thick, black night as quick as she could."

Another fantastic book by Kate Morton.  Love her books.

I am only one quarter of the way through, but you know her books are always sooooo good.

***********

I finished these books the last two weeks.  Both were very good.

ALONG THE INFINITE SEA by Beatriz Williams


Loved the book just like all of her books.

Review will be up closer to publication date.

Check out these reviews of other books I have read by Ms. Williams.  It will whet your appetite and send you looking for all of her books.  :)

Stop back for my review of ALONG THE INFINITE SEA.

THE SECRET LIFE OF VIOLET GRANT and TINY LITTLE THING were good reads.

 *********
TAHOE BLUE FIRE by Todd Borg.

If you haven't read any of Mr. Borg's books, you should give them a try.  They always are good mysteries.

******************

What are you reading or what have you read?





11 comments:

  1. I hope you are reading something good.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover for The Lake House - and it sounds like a very interesting book. Thanks for the spotlight. Here's My Friday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is gorgeous and the book is FANTASTIC.

      Thanks for stopping, Maria.

      Delete
  3. Love that cover on the Lake House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...it is gorgeous.

      The book is sooooo good.

      Thanks for stopping, LuAnn.

      Delete
  4. I've got the Williams book and looking forward to it after reading two of her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think you will enjoy the new book.

      Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

      Delete
  5. I've wanted to read THE LAKE HOUSE by Kate Morton anyway. The beginning makes me more curious. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooooo good.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  6. I'll have to give her another chance. I had read The Forgotten Garden which was good but I wasn't blown away or anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love books like The Forgotten Garden.

      Sorry it wasn't a favorite for you.

      Thanks for stopping, Stefanie.

      Delete