Friday, November 20, 2015

Book Beginnings - 11/20/15


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE SEAFRONT TEAROOM by Vanessa Greene:


"Kat Murray and her three-year-old son Leo walked together along the beach in flip-flops, his small hand in hers. The rock shops and arcades of the South Bay were busy with holidaymakers and weekenders, making the most of the rare burst of warm sunshine on the British coast."

THE SEAFRONT TEAROOM is a sweet, cozy read.  

Tea lovers and lovers of quaint tea shops will love this book.

I am thoroughly enjoying THE SEAFRONT TEAROOM.   

The book is as inviting as the cover.
***********
I finished this book last week.  LOVED it.

WHITE COLLAR GIRL by Renee Rosen:


I LOVE Ms. Rosen's books.

Review is in book's title.

 ******************

What are you reading or what have you read?

15 comments:

  1. I hope you had a good reading week.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week I read Bram Stoker's Dracula. I started late and power-read 444 pages in 3 days. Very intense experience and not a bad book. In my reading group we couldn't stop talking about it and were hard pressed not to all talk at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow on your power read. :)

      I found if I can read 100 pages a day, I get the book done in a reasonable amount of time, but that doesn't happen too often. :)

      Thanks for stopping and commenting, Judy.

      Delete
  3. I love the look of this book...thanks for sharing and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Laurel...it is such a cozy, cute read.

      I am almost done and loving it.

      Thanks for stopping and commenting, Laurel.

      Delete
  4. This book beginning makes me want to go back to the beach. Didn't spend as much time there this summer as I would have liked to.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't all beachy...it is more tea and British weather. :)

      Thanks for stopping and commenting, Diane.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I love both the setting and the title.

      Thanks for stopping and commenting, Tea Norman.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I hope you do get to read them.

      I loved them both.

      I finished The Seafront Tearoom last night.

      Thanks for stopping, Harvee Lau.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I am excited to have copies.

      Thanks for stopping, JC Jones.

      Delete
  8. Yay on the tea book being an enjoyable one. I do love its cover and hope to have a tea cup collection one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A tea cup collection would be such fun. I hope you are able to do that.

      The book was very good...so sweet.

      Thanks for stopping, Stefanie.

      Delete