Friday, November 6, 2015

Book Beginnings - 11/6/15


*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page.

***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE HUNDRED GIFTS by Jennifer Scott:


"It was the fifth day of November, and Christmas commercials had been in full swing for weeks---sweatered, singing suburbanites holding power drills and cans of soda and Big Macs and mops as microphones and dance partners." 

Sounds good, doesn't it?  And what a gorgeous cover.
***********
I finished these two books last week.  Both were fantastic!!

THE LAKE HOUSE by Kate Morton

Loved THE LAKE HOUSE - Ms. Morton's books are always so good.

Review is in book's title.



***********


ALONG THE INFINITE SEA by Beatriz Williams 

I absolutely loved this book.  Another terrific read by Ms. Williams. 

The review is in the book's title.

If you haven't these books by Ms. Williams, you may want to add these to your TBR stack as well.  :)

 THE SECRET LIFE OF VIOLET GRANT and TINY LITTLE THING were good reads.

 ******************

What are you reading or what have you read?




14 comments:

  1. I am loving The Hundred Gifts, and I loved my last two weeks of reading.

    Thanks for stopping, and have a wonderful reading weekend.

    Not sure what is up with the formatting of my post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous book cover in your Book Beginnings post and it sounds like a good read, I'm going to add it to my list. :)

    My BookBeginning Post:
    https://rathertoofondofbooks.wordpress.com/2015/11/06/book-beginnings-6-november-every-fifteen-minutes-by-lisa-scottoline/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good. Witty and fun.

      Thanks for stopping, Haley.

      Delete
  3. I've read two of your books - The Hundred Gifts and Infinite Seas. I liked them both but couldn't wait to turn the pages on the Williams's book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved Along the Infinite Sea. She does write good books.

      The Hundred Gifts is fun.

      Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

      Delete
  4. Three more books to add to my towering TBR mountain! Thank you for the recommendations.
    My Friday post features HOOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome.

      I am glad you found more books to add. :)

      ENJOY!!

      Thanks for stopping, Sandra.

      Delete
  5. I love the cover of The Hundred Gifts...and the excerpt. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE ACCIDENT SEASON”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous cover.

      The book is good too.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  6. I agree it's a gorgeous cover and I like the way it starts out. :) Now I need to get my Beginnings up; I forgot about it. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be waiting for your post. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  7. I love the cover for The Hundred Gifts and have seen it a few times - I'm going to have to throw in the towel and read it! Here's My Friday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good. I am almost done with the book.

      A fun read.

      Thanks for stopping, Maria.

      Delete
  8. These all seem like excellent books, Elizabeth!
    I am ready to post a review--at last!

    ReplyDelete