Monday, November 16, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 11/16/15

http://bookdate.blogspot.com/
   
********************
I hope you had a great reading week.  
********************
This is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at BOOK DATE!

Post the books completed last week, the books you are currently reading, and the books you hope to finish this week.

***************
Books Completed The Last Two Weeks:

WHITE COLLAR GIRL by Renee Rosen


Loved the book...marvelous research, story line, and characters.

Review will be up tomorrow, November 17

An excerpt from my review is below: 

"Ms. Rosen definitely knows how to skillfully spin together fiction and history.  Her research and characters are always marvelous.  

WHITE COLLAR GIRL is another terrific novel by Ms. Rosen where she blends a fascinating story line with historical facts and historical as well as fictitious characters."

*****
THE HUNDRED GIFTS by Jennifer Scott 

Another marvelous read by Ms. Scott

An excerpt from my review that will be up November 19 is below:

"I laughed out loud and thoroughly enjoyed this book.  It was witty, heartwarming, light, addressed family issues, and had a lovely ending.

A perfect book to boost your spirits and to give as a Christmas gift."

*****
THE LAKE HOUSE by Kate Morton

Loved THE LAKE HOUSE - Ms. Morton's books are always so good.

Review is in book's title.



*****
ALONG THE INFINITE SEA by Beatriz Williams 

I absolutely loved this book.  Another terrific read by Ms. Williams. 

The review is in the book's title.

 ***************
Book Currently Reading:

THE SEAFRONT TEAROOM by Vanessa Greene



Books Up Next:


JAMAICA INN by Daphen Du Maurier

I didn't know Ms. Du Maurier had written this book.  I only knew of REBECCA.  Did you know?


THE MURALIST by B. A. Shapiro.


THE READERS OF THE BROKEN WHEEL RECOMMEND by Katarina Bivald



THE THINGS WE KEEP by Sally Hepworth

THE SWANS OF FIFTH AVENUE by Melanie Benjamin
 
I'LL SEE YOU IN PARIS by Michelle Gable
ALL THE WINTERS AFTER by Sere Prince Halverson

IN ANOTHER LIFE by Julie Christine Johnson


HANGING MARY by Susan Higginbotham


THE AXEMAN by Ray Celestin

 
THREE STORY HOUSE by Courtney Miller Santo


GARDEN OF LETTERS by Alyson Richman


,.......,.

THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME by Hazel Gaynor

********************

The books below are not necessarily in the order I have planned to read them.  

I normally read in order of publication or tour date.

And....these are not for reading in the upcoming week.  :)  They are books into and including all of 2015 and 2016.

The "list" is a means of keeping me organized.

A visual display helps a lot for organization along with my Excel list. 

   
 
How was your reading week?  





41 comments:

  1. I loved my last two weeks of reading. :)

    I hope you have been reading wonderful books.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE READ ALMOST ALL OF dU mAURIER'S BOOKS, ALL EXCELLENT ROMANTIC SUSPENSE. jAMAICA iNN IS GOOD TOO. yOU WILL ENJOY IT. (sorry about the all caps)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED Rebecca.

      I am sure I will enjoy Jamaica Inn. I can't believe I never heard of it.

      Thanks for stopping, Harvee Lau.

      Delete
  3. If you've only read Rebecca you have a lot of reading pleasure ahead of you! enjoy all the reads and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to reading Jamaica Inn.

      I see it was originally published in 1936.

      Thanks for stopping, Mystica.

      Delete
  4. I'm aware of a couple other books, aside from Rebecca, published by Daphne du Maurier and am keen to read another, but I have no idea where to start. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on Jamaica Inn. Happy reading!

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found her other books on the back cover of Jamaica Inn.

      The Scapegoat and The Birds.

      Rebecca must have been the favorite of all since that is the only one I knew of. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Reading with Jade.

      Delete
  5. I did know about Jamaica Inn and read it a long time ago, shortly after reading Rebecca. A few years ago, I bought a copy of it and of Rebecca, planning to reread them both. I have no idea when I'll find the time, LOL, but it's a dream of mine.

    Thanks for sharing and enjoy. And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great you knew about Jamaica Inn. :)

      I never heard of it as I said.

      Thanks for stopping, Laurel.

      Delete
  6. The Seafront Tearoom sounds like a book of warmth and friendship. I'm reading Thing Unsaid by Diana Y. Paul.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about 1/3 of the way with The Seafront Tearoom.

      You are correct....lots of warmth and lots of tea, scones, and pastries in adorable tea shops.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear your recent reads were good! I like the cover of The Seafront Tearoom and I'll See You in Paris a lot. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love covers!!

      Thanks for stopping, Greg.

      Delete
  8. I haven't read either Du Maurier book. Sigh. I just need a week or four to read without life getting in the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....that is so true.

      Life gets in the way for sure.

      Thanks for stopping, Lindsey.

      Delete
  9. Glad you enjoyed Along the Infinite Sea...I'm trying to see when I'm going to fit it in. I love her stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it when you read it, Sarah.

      I love her books too.

      Thanks for stopping, Sarah.

      Delete
  10. I'm glad you liked The Hundred Gifts. I added that b/c of you. I'll be interested in seeing what you think of the tearoom book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hundred Gifts was wonderful.

      The Seafront Tearoom is also very cozy and good.

      Thanks for stopping, Stefanie.

      Delete
  11. I read Jamaica Inn years ago. It is my favourite Daphne du Maurier novel, followed by Frenchman's Creek and The King's General.
    I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear it is a favorite because I LOVED Rebecca.

      I don't know Frenchman's Creek or King's General.

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete
  12. They all look enticing, look forward to your coming posts this week, but I can see my TBR shelf expanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL on your TBR shelf expanding.

      I loved all my books these past two weeks. :) I think you will like them too.

      Watch out Kathryn's shelves. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Kathryn.

      Delete
  13. Can't wait to read The Hundred Gifts, perfect timing for a feel-good read. Have a great week and enjoy your new reads. I loved The Seafront Tearoom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving The Seafront Tearoom.

      You will LOVE The Hundred gifts.

      Thanks for stopping, Teddyree.

      Delete
  14. Love the look of some of your upcoming books Elizabeth! And some beautiful covers there as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Covers definitely draw me in. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Deborah.

      Delete
  15. I've read a few of Daphne du Maurier's books but not Jamaica Inn. Rebecca is by far my favorite though. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely LOVED Rebecca.

      Mrs. Danvers is the best villain. :)

      Thanks for stopping, Introverted Jen.

      Delete
  16. I love the idea of The 100 Gifts. The Seafront Tearoom looks lovely. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Seafront Tearoom is a lovely read.

      The Hundred Gifts was quite good too.

      Thanks for stopping, Martha.

      Delete
  17. I have been trying to find a copy of Du Maurier's Rebecca for the longest time, thanks for reminding me - I thought it would be perfect for our current Mystereadventure reading theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an awesome mystery.

      The library should have copies. Best of luck finding the book, and enjoy when you read it.

      Thanks for stopping, Myra.

      Delete
  18. Today I am reading Bram Stoker's Dracula for a reading group discussion this week. The writing is quite good for such an old book, not too wordy and very vivid. Then I will read Last Song Before Night by Ilana C Myer, a highly acclaimed first fantasy novel about music. I love novels about music as I have been a musician for much of my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dracula should be a good read. :) Glad you are enjoying it.

      I don't know Last Song Before Night.

      Thanks for stopping, Judy.

      Delete
  19. I have the Readers of Broken Wheel to read as well - I hope to get to it soon!

    The only Du Maurier book I have read is Rebecca - I don't think I knew that she wrote Jamaica Inn! Interesting. I look forward to your thoughts on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone says The Broken Wheel is amazing.

      I didn't know she wrote Jamaica Inn either. :)

      I am sure it is as good as Rebecca. At least I hope it is. :)

      Thanks for stopping Erin.

      Delete
  20. I really want to read The Lake House...I feel like I'm the only one that hasn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I am sure you aren't the only one who hasn't read it.

      I hope you get a copy soon. ENJOY!!

      Thanks for stopping, Emma.

      Delete
  21. I have White Collar Girl waiting for me to review. It looks so good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it. I think you will.

      Have you read her other books?

      Thanks for stopping, Yvonne.

      Delete